I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Allstar/Breakaway Blanks for Light Plugs?
Posted by: Paul Metzger (---.pfizer.com)
Date: January 04, 2002 11:55AM

Still searching for the perfect "light stuff" surf (beach ) rod to throw 3/4 to 1 3/4 oz plugs such as Bombers and light metal, conventional wrap - reel to be Abu 6500 mag elite, 12 lb. test. Desired length 10 - 12 ft. Looking at the Allstar/Breakway listed below - Any and all opinions welcome. - very open to other suggestions.

BGSW1206-2 Casting 10' 2 3/4-1 3/4 12-25 Mod. Fast Med.-Hvy

BGSW1266-2 Casting 10'6" 2 3/4-1 3/4 12-25 Mod. Fast Med.-Hvy

BGSW1387-2 Casting 11'6" 2 3/4-2 12-30 Mod. Fast Heavy

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allstar/Breakaway Blanks for Light Plugs?
Posted by: Mark Herrling (206.239.48.---)
Date: January 04, 2002 12:07PM

Paul,

While I think this is a great rod building board, I'd suggest you post your question on stripersonline.com. I don't know of a more knowledgeable group of board members when it comes to plugging the surf. They come from all over the "striper coast." Post your question on both the Main forum and on Al Goldberg's forum. The people there have intimate knowledge of the blanks you listed and could probably recommend a dizzying array of other options.

Mark

Posted by: Felix Cartagena (---.rasserver.net)
Date: January 04, 2002 12:25PM

I too am enbarking in a similar project for my Shimano 400 and will go to that site for further advice.

Posted by: Bob (---.olypen.com)
Date: January 04, 2002 07:48PM

You might want to take a look at the Rainshadow ISP1445F-M. It is a 12', 2 piece, 10-20 lb. test, 1/2 - 2 1/2 oz lure weight rod blank.
The original design was for Hawaii Surf Casting with lighter lures and long distances for the Ulua. It has crossed over very well for East Coast Surf Casting of this type.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster