I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Kudos for Rodmaker Magazine
Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.r4.ncreed.infoave.net)
Date: December 13, 2001 10:24PM

I had a chance to very quickly glance through the latest issue last night. It's neat to open a magazine that actually has more than one thing that is interesting and useful. I also pick up some other periodicals like Blade Magazine and Fly Tyer and so on which are very good but the only one I've yet to see where you don't have to jump half a issue to read the complete story is Rodmaker. Thanks guys for all the helpful information and interesting topics. Keep up the good work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kudos for Rodmaker Magazine
Posted by: Will Parham (---.ilm.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 13, 2001 11:11PM

Amen brother! It is truly refreshing to see a publication that cares more about what it's content is, than how many $$ it can make through advertising. I stopped getting SW Sportsman for this very reason. I HATE having to go to the end of the mag to finish reading an article because someone is advertising on the next page. Tom, you da' man!

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: December 14, 2001 09:16AM

Thanks for the kind comments. I have said many times that RodMaker is not here to make money - it is here to help.

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2001 09:55AM

It seems once again my postman is reading my copy before I get a chance to,wish I could get someone into kniting rather then fishing to deliever my mail. Just joking Tom I fully realize the time differences re delivery to different areas.
John

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: December 14, 2001 09:58AM

The scheduled delivery date is December 30th. So anyone getting a copy before then just got lucky, or unfortunate, whatever the case may be. I have not gotten mine yet and it only had to go about 10 miles. Has to do with the numbers going to each ADC center and the like.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.elnk.dsl.gtei.net)
Date: December 14, 2001 12:28PM

I think we ought to make a rule that those most fortunate individules that get their copy before the delivery date have to glote in silence. That will allow us left coasters to go about our daily routine and continue in the holiday spirit without threatening the mailman with bodily harm because our copy is still out there somewhere....Jim

Posted by: Will Parham (---.nationwide.com)
Date: December 14, 2001 01:59PM

Ok, so no discussion of magazine content until the first day of every other odd month. Generally, I get mine in the first 7 - 10 days of the month before the scheduled (promised) delivery date of the 30th. I can't do it, I might explode!

Duplicate pages
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.tnt2.winston-salem.nc.da.uu.net)
Date: December 14, 2001 04:44PM

I do want to mention that I have gotten calls from few people who got copies with either missing or duplicate pages. Considering the thousands that go out, that may not be too bad and I always expect a few bad copies from damage, bad print, or binding errors. If you get such a copy please let me know and I'll replace it quickly. We haven't had this particular problem in some time but it appears at least a few copies were not bound correctly this time.

Re: Duplicate pages
Posted by: Bob Meiser (---.53.174.186.snfr.grid.net)
Date: December 15, 2001 04:00PM

I too just received my latest RodMaker...... Every time I think I know alot about rod building, I open up Tom's latest issue, and learn a bunch more ! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks !
For all those anxious souls waiting on the edge of their seats for the latest issue of RodMaker...... just think of these posts as being similar to teasers for a block-buster movie...... The anticipation is worth the wait !
Again Tom, excellent work. Don Morton's article on guide placement is without question the most logical approach I have yet to see on this matter. This approach offers an excellent, very simple visual means by which the custom builder can educate the client about this most important issue. Good on Ya !
Bob Meiser

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster