I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Deciphering Fuji's System
Posted by: Paul Schendel (---.halliburton.com)
Date: December 12, 2001 02:09PM

Is there a resource somewhere that describes Fuji's coding for their guides. This may not be a complex deal, but I'm having trouble trying to figure it out. I would like to be able to look at a code and tell what kind of guide it describes. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deciphering Fuji's System
Posted by: Will Parham (---.nationwide.com)
Date: December 13, 2001 03:13PM

I copied this from an old message board. It was written by Dick French and should answer your question. There were some corrections posted that I already made before posting it here.

The Japanese parent company - Fuji Kojo - names the different products. They do mean something but once in a while it is still difficult to interpet even if you have the "code"
Here is a brief shot at it:

First letter or letters indicate the finish of the frame, I.E. B is black, C is chrome, G is gold, GH is gunsmoke, etc.

Next is the model, I.E. M is match, L is single foot, SV is double foot, HLV is a high fram single foot, etc. for the guides. Tops have many designation such as P is a standard braced frame, MV is a match frame, L is a light frame, etc.

Next is the center ring material: S is SIC, L is Hardloy, F is aluminium oxide (hard ring) without shock ring, O is light aluminum oxide, H is hard ring with shock ring, N is SIN material, E, is Fustrite material, C is the cera (white ring), G is cermet, etc.

Next is real easy, T is top, G is guide.

Next is size of ring in mm

Next is type of ring such as F is flanged, H is heavy duty, etc.

Next is the height of the frame, LL is low low, L is low, H is high, HH is super high, etc.

Last is the inside diameter of the pipe or tube of the tip tops in mm.

All is a little confusing until you start using them.

Examples, SVSG indicates a double foot v frame design SIC Guide. Broken down SV is the frame, S is the ring material SIC, and G indicates guide.

LST: L is for light top, S is for SIC, and T is top.

LVLG: LV is single foot, L is hardloy, G is guide.

BSVLG: B is black, SV is double foot v frame, L is hardloy, and G is guide

NSG: N is for a u frame guide frame, S is SIC ring, and G is guide.

Hope it helps a little

Dick

Re: Deciphering Fuji's System
Posted by: Paul Schendel (---.halliburton.com)
Date: December 13, 2001 03:38PM

Will,
Thanks so much for the information. I can see that the different codes can be confusing if you are not used to using them. It will all come with experience and time. I'm new to this phase of life called "rod building", but have already gleaned a great deal of information from this and other boards. Thanks to all of you for your continued help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster