I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thought on shipping.
Posted by: olt (4.40.159.---)
Date: July 05, 2001 10:09AM

Right now I need 1 small item, probably less than $1. However, the nearest supply place is 432 miles away. The shipping cost makes getting this item unrealistic. Just a thought, what if I sent my order to you in a returnable, complete with address label and required postage? Would it be possible to have small things handled like this and not cost the distributor? Just a thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thought on shipping.
Posted by: Frank Moore (---.client.dsl.net)
Date: July 05, 2001 10:32AM

Been there more often than I like to recall. I find that most of the vendors do not make any profit off the shipping, so I don't see any advantage in sending postage paid envelope with the order. Normally when I need one small item I need it in a hurry. Fastest way to obtain the item is a phone call and request the distributor send the item via overnight or priority mail. If I mailed a postage paid envelope it would take longer.

Re: shipping methods
Posted by: olt (---.245.237.25.Dial1.Dallas1.Level3.net)
Date: July 06, 2001 06:52PM

Dick, great idea but we don't want you to bear the cost alone. My idea is to send my order in the envelope you can send it back to me in. I would even put in my own address label and return postage. Being miles away from any supplier this would be a big help and you would not be out cost other than having someone stick it in and seal it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster