I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alps black NCP thread.
Posted by: Peter Uveges (---.193-171.107.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: May 23, 2023 09:24PM

Can anyone tell me if they've tried the Alps black NCP thread. Is it as black as the pro wrap thread or the fishhawk thread. I've noticed that some of the NCP threads tend to lean towards more of a dark gray or dark blue than a real black. Thanks for replies.

Question answered.
Just received in the mail, under uv light it's in between a medium and dark blue, with the size d slightly darker. Thanks everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2023 10:30PM by Peter Uveges.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alps black NCP thread.
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---)
Date: May 23, 2023 10:35PM

you don't need NCP for black thread. Many NCP threads have a filler similar to chalk to make them NCP thus the color shift.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2023 07:46PM by Phil Erickson.

Posted by: Peter Uveges (---.193-171.107.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: May 23, 2023 10:43PM

I don't want to use NCP, I was just wondering if the Alps brand changed color with the application of thread finish or does it stay pure black. Thanks

Posted by: Josh Bryan (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: May 25, 2023 07:25AM

I've used black NCP in Gude, speed and holland

I tend to think any NCP black isn't pure black - goes a bit of a milky shade once finished.

I found Gude regular black to be the blackist out of the three

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: May 25, 2023 10:18AM

I have had a multi lb spool of Black Thread by Pac Bay -- I believe. I never ordinarily use either NCP thread, nor color preserver and the thread remains a true black, no matter the finish that is applied over it.

I believe that the thread that I have is the same as this thread:

[www.jannsnetcraft.com]

Best wishes.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---)
Date: May 25, 2023 01:13PM

The best black that appears to remain true to color is the Black Coal from Voodoo

Ron Weber

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster