I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

distributor
Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.42.187.173.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: May 14, 2023 08:40AM

Instead of bashing a dealer lets try something different. Are there any dealers who can get product to NC within say 3-4 days that will provide customer service when needed and have wholesale opportunities? No, I do not make massive orders but I tend to be very loyal to your service. You can email me personally at smickel3@lexcominc.net

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: distributor
Posted by: Michael Ward (---.atlagax1.pop.starlinkisp.net)
Date: May 15, 2023 10:05AM

Sammy - my experiences... I will say that things are a lot better now than they were a year or more ago during the height of the pandemic and supply chain challenges....

GetBit: If an order is placed in the evening, and your are ordering things showing as in-stock (GetBit now has a live inventory feature), I've had them ship out the next day about 80% of the time, and the day after almost the balance. Standard shipping typically gets it to me in the Piedmont area of NC in 3 days tops - so order on Sun evening / early Monday AM and I'll have it Thur or Fri worst case. They have wholesale options.

Voodoo - super fast shipping - almost always same-day (obviously depends on what time of day you place the order, but many times goes out the same day if ordered early enough) - typically 3 days or so to my door. Have a "wholesale program" - based on how much you order and you get credit back for future orders

Swampland Tackle - can't think of a time it did not ship next day - Louisiana based, so generally to my door in NC in 3-4 days tops. Live inventory. Not sure on wholesale program, but has quite reasonable & discounted prices on a lot already

Utmost - Carol and co there are great and generally things ship by next day - only downside for us is getting them to our door in NC can often take 5 days since we're on the opposite coasts.... wholesale available

Mudhole - strong multi-level wholesale program - live inventory - have noticed it being more like 2 days to ship lately - and then default shipping time varies depending on what service they use to minimize cost - some of the FedEx options can be a bit slower by a day or two....

Then there are direct from Mfg depending on volumes...
- Batson - I can order often as late as lunchtime on a weekday and most times will ship that day - and generally things are delivered FedEx 2 day. Every once and a while, and I've not figured out why, some things go FedEx ground and then take 5-6 days... Live inventory
- American Tackle - typically will ship next day and to my door in 2, 3 tops.

Then there is always the "private" builder connections that can help out :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2023 10:06AM by Michael Ward.

Re: distributor
Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---)
Date: May 15, 2023 04:23PM

Thanks for the run down! Some of these folks I haven’t seen in a while and some are new.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster