I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mixing Epoxy
Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.wavecable.com)
Date: May 26, 2023 01:29AM

Here is something to thinks about. I remember learning this from my mother in the 1940's and I use it now. When cooking, Viscous things like honey cling to the surface and it is harder to scrape it out, so if you have other liquids in the recipe, like veg oil, if you use your measuring cup for the oil first, then when you measure the honey, it easily releases from the cup and will pour out easily. So with a two part epoxy, you have a similar situation. Your resin it thicker and sticks to the surface more, so to get a better mix, (which I do by hand until I can see with my Mk #1 eye balls that there is no wispy look for want of a better word) I always add the Hardener first then the resin. my .02

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ernie Blum (---)
Date: May 26, 2023 06:58AM

roger wilson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ernie,
> Interesting:
> I was born and raised in Montana.
> There, when getting a bottle or can of carbonated
> beverage, everything was referred to "pop" i.e.
> bottle of pop, can of pop etc.
>
> However after living the bulk of my adult live in
> Minneapolis, MN - the midwest - all of the same
> carbonated beverages are referred to as "soda".
> That is bottle of "soda"- can of "soda".
>
> Different folks, different strokes.

Roger,

I grew up in Bronx, NY. It was "soda" from day one for me. Pop was something you did to the person who touched your soda. :-)

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: May 26, 2023 10:32AM

I grew up in Bronx, NY. It was "soda" from day one for me. Pop was something you did to the person who touched your soda. :-)

Or what you called your father!

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: May 26, 2023 04:03PM

Hello All.

Here you go Tom.

Vol/Issue..................Article........................Author................Page.
6/4 Epoxy: Mixing Is Now Motorized. By Tom Kirkman. 10

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 26, 2023 08:46PM

That was 20 years ago. I forget how much the magazine has brought to the craft and industry.

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (---)
Date: May 27, 2023 09:29PM

david taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I grew up in Bronx, NY. It was "soda" from day one
> for me. Pop was something you did to the person
> who touched your soda. :-)
>
> Or what you called your father!

I'm from (and live in Arkansas). We (well, I don't but...) give people "pop knots" for touching our Coke. lol

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster