I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC is on the ball
Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: April 19, 2023 04:03PM

I just wanted to post a thread about my recent experience with North Fork Composites.

I placed an order yesterday evening for 3 blanks. I mistakenly ordered 2 of the same blanks, when I meant to order 3 different blanks. I didn't catch it until I read the order confirmation e mail that NFC sent me later that evening. In an "oh man not good" moment I immediately replied to that e mail explaining the mistake I made, and asked if I could change the order, and if someone could please contact me with how I needed to proceed. I sent that e mail at about 11 PM eastern time.

I came home from lunch today and checked my e mail to see if I had gotten a response. This was at 11:39 AM eastern time. With the time difference between here and Washington state, I wasn't really expecting to see an e mail, but I checked anyway. I didn't have an e mail, but when I went to NFC's website and checked my orders in my account, I found that they had changed the order to what I had requested it be changed to. I don't carry my phone with me and rarely if ever check it while at work, but when last break came around I noticed I had a blinking green light which means I have a missed call, so I checked my phone. I had a voice mail from Steve Pitcock saying that they had changed the order and that they needed to talk to me about the price difference.

Anyhow ..... that's great customer service in my book. And I just wanted to post a thank you in hopes that Aleks sees it so he can let his people know that their work is most definitely appreciated.

Thank you to the folks at NFC. Great job !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2023 04:14PM by David Baylor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC is on the ball
Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: May 20, 2023 06:34AM

Update : I had some questions about the order I referenced above, so I sent an e mail to NFC with the inquiry. I had an e mail from Kelsey K blank / OEM manager, the very next day. Over the next couple of days we exchanged e mails every day. Some of the replies came the very same day. Over those couple of days, she gathered information and then offered me a couple of options that I could choose. The tone of her e mails as well as the options she offered, show me that she truly cares about doing what she can for customers.

We were able to come to a more than satisfactory outcome, and I for one just want to thank her and the folks at NFC, Over the years I've seen a lot of complaints about NFC's customer service. Most of those are from several years ago. I'm certainly not doubting the stories I read. But I have got to think that those kind of stories have been fewer and more far in between.

So anyhow ..... I want to give a heartfelt thank you to Kelsey K, and the folks at NFC. They have showed me once again, that they are on the ball.

In closing I would just say this ....... we expect understanding from suppliers like NFC, and I think that if we offered the same kind of understanding that we expect, in return, interactions would go much smoother.

Posted by: Norman Miller (Moderator)
Date: May 20, 2023 03:24PM

I’ve also had very good interactions with both Steve Pitcock and Kelsey K. Both were quite friendly and extremely willing to help.
Norm

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: May 20, 2023 04:05PM

Nice to hear the good news about our suppliers. Not an easy job for them to try to please everyone, to meet the expectations that are sometimes pretty high.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster