I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

IRBC 2023 / ATMWC 2023 challenge entries
Posted by: Bob Foster (205.234.62.---)
Date: March 01, 2023 02:14PM

Thought I might play a bit of show and tell with my entries for the challenge and the microwave challenge.

I built two rods and collectively named them "Solstice". The AT microwave challenge being "Solstice - Midnight Sun" and the IRBC entry being "Solstice - Northern Lights". These are also gift rods for my two sons once they get back from AT headquarters.

"Solstice - Midnight sun"

"Solstice - Northern Lights"

I like the fade with center feature layout...seems to be my thing for the moment...

Cheers,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IRBC 2023 / ATMWC 2023 challenge entries
Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: March 01, 2023 07:24PM

Those look amazing Bob....good job.
Thanks for showing.

Posted by: Michael Tarr (---)
Date: March 01, 2023 07:42PM

Really nice work!

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: March 02, 2023 12:29PM

Great entries! I had the opportunity to see them in person and they are spectacular,

Posted by: Bob Foster (205.234.62.---)
Date: March 02, 2023 01:32PM

Thanks for the kind words,

Assuming I am still freefalling down this rabbit hole I'd really like to make an effort to attend the expo next year. Always find such venues intimidating but there is also so much there to see. It was interesting seeing the process and getting some insights into the industry. I would for sure try and build again for next year.

Cheers,

Posted by: Scott Lees (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2023 09:21AM

Great Work!
Don’t worry about being intimidated at the Show. This year was my first opportunity to go, and it was Awesome. Everyone there was easy going and willing to take the time to share experiences and answer questions.

Posted by: Bob Foster (207.189.245.---)
Date: March 12, 2023 01:42PM

Thanks Scott,

Awesome with a capital "A" no less haha.

I think it is something I would for sure like to do. If for no other reason than to creep the building challenges. People build such amazing things. I've been obsessed with various pursuits in the past, custom bikes, leatherwork, woodworking, audiophile things, guns...I'm always amazed that no matter the interest there is someone out there that makes it their bread and butter over the long term and has a grasp of the more complete picture and the nuances of the craft. I have so much respect for those people as I tend to jump from horse to horse so to speak. So when faced with that kind of commitment it's hard not to feel like a poser if that makes sense. I feel like the long timers have seen people come and go over the years and there are likely a select few that become known to each other over a longer time but often people just come, make a noise and then go for them. This is where the intimidation factor lies. I don't care for the image of being just another hobby drifter. But when I'm in the groove it's a legit focus. So assuming I'm still down this rabbit hole I could for sure see me attending....

I just made a bit of a rash yet considered decision and bought the flex coat 4 rod dryer setup and extra board / supports so apparently the ride isn't over yet hahaha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster