I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Aero comfort seat size 17
Posted by: Michael Birdsley (---)
Date: February 03, 2023 02:59AM

Newer rod builder here long time lurker. What for-grip would I need to fit on a American tackle aero spinning comfort reel seat-17 with a uni-hood? Do they make specific for-grip for this specific reel seat or do I just ream out an existing forgrip to make it fit over the uni-hood. I’m assuming the rear grip just fits up inside the comfort grip?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aero comfort seat size 17
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: February 03, 2023 10:05AM

Michael,
You didn't mention what type of fore grip or material, so in general you can say you have a better than even chance that you can use the premade 17 mm fore grips from a source and with a bit of length trimming, if necessary, make them work. Like you if I was designing these components I wouldn't reinvent the wheel, they sell to commercial rod companies, and they would want a mix and match capability, at least I would. The 17 mm Aero accepts the standard 1.1 inch diameter rear grip of all types, the 16 mm does not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 10:09AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: February 03, 2023 10:40AM

Good morning Michael.

The AT Aero 17 is only available with the cushioned seat hood so any foregrip of your choosing will fit against the front of the seat.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me direct.

Michael Birdsley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Newer rod builder here long time lurker. What
> for-grip would I need to fit on a American tackle
> aero spinning comfort reel seat-17 with a
> uni-hood? Do they make specific for-grip for this
> specific reel seat or do I just ream out an
> existing forgrip to make it fit over the uni-hood.
> I’m assuming the rear grip just fits up inside
> the comfort grip?

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: February 03, 2023 10:48AM

Hello Michael,

There are several options to use as a fore grip for the Aero-17-CF. You have a choice between carbon sleeves (CFG1K17, CFG3K17, CFGM3K17, CFGBU17) in matte black, gloss black and silver trim. You can also use a cork sleeve to go over the ULH hoods (SG125F-17-C) or an EVA option as well (SG125F-17-E, EAFG17-B, EAFG17-MB, EAFG17-S).

I have used just about all of them on in the different sizes and trim options. They really make for a nice addition on builds that do not require a large fore grip. I also enjoy how they can accentuate whichever grip material you will be working with!

If you have any question on this Michael you can me at my direct extension at (888) 516-1750

Posted by: Michael Birdsley (---)
Date: February 03, 2023 06:57PM

Thank you. I was hoping that the forgrip was kind of a generic size for the hood was. So a full size cork handle should fit through the back side ? Might have to turn it a bit to fit but, I think it will fit. I may do split grip but, I’m leaning full handle

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2023 07:24PM

All the standard 27 mm ( 1.1 inch) diameter grips from eva, carbon, cork, full length or split grip will fit your reel seat rear pocket, even casting seats with the tenon to fit a trigger casting reel seat will fit and you won't see the tenon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster