I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Epson LW-PX800 Examples and Testimonies?
Posted by: Caleb plumlee (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 02, 2023 05:35PM

I've read a lot of people using the PX800 printer for rod labels and I've seen examples of factory-style labels on rods. I'd be really interested in buying one if I could make a photo-realistic copy of my signature on my custom flyrods though. I have a digital sketchpad and photoshop skills, so getting the image isn't an issue... but I haven't seen an example of this being done super well yet. Is anyone willing to share some detailed photos of this concept that they are proud of?

Also, hiding the label edges is a concern. I am extremely picky about my builds and seeing the edges would make this a no-go. Can anyone attest to being able to completely hide the edges on PX800 labels with something like flexcoat?

I know, I know... many people will say "keep practicing and write on the rods yourself," but after 30+ years of signing stuff... I think I can safely say it's not going to be better anytime soon, and it makes me incredibly sad to ruin showpieces with my engineer-scribbles (imagine doctor handwriting but worse :( )

Thanks so much in advance!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Epson LW-PX800 Examples and Testimonies?
Posted by: Dean Veltman (68.49.118.---)
Date: February 03, 2023 12:24PM

I have the new LW-C610PX which I believe has the same DPI but is cheaper. Here is an example of a label I made

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 12:24PM by Dean Veltman.

Posted by: Dean Veltman (68.49.118.---)
Date: February 03, 2023 12:27PM

This is currently on the dryer so hard to get phone to focus without getting it out. My printer does not trim edges and the trimmer I bought did not do as well as I would have liked. The first label I just used a scissors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 12:29PM by Dean Veltman.

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: February 03, 2023 12:39PM

Have you done the math to see how many labels you need to print to come out financially ahead of having custom rod decals made by about three or four sponsors here? This doesn’t make them individual for rod data, but paint pens can very nicely do that while looking custom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 12:51PM by Kendall Cikanek.

Posted by: Larry Tobin (---)
Date: February 03, 2023 04:11PM

Hi Dean,

I see your using the SMPX tape. I may have something you may want to see. I have Chrome Silver on Clear or on Black. It's a material we build for the Custom Rod Builders. If you want, I can mail you samples of the tape.

Larry Tobin
LRT Group, Inc.
www.lrtgroup.com
larry@lrtgroup.com
954-257-6224

Posted by: Dean Veltman (---.source.akaquill.net)
Date: February 03, 2023 04:56PM

I will shoot you an email Larry. Thanks.

For me, rod building is a hobby only, I have not done a cost analysis. My hand writing (I blame it on being a lefty) is atrocious so I use factory labels when I can and make my own when I need to.

Each one would be unique to the rod, so ordering 1 of decals would probably be a pain. Plus I used the label maker for work.

Date: February 03, 2023 07:18PM

I have a 4 page PDF called Rod Builder Tips. it pertains to the EPSON/K-Sun printers with many tips to help you with using the software & putting decals on the rods. it's on my main page: www.lrtgroup.com . I am open 7 days a week, 10AM to 10PM if you want to chat.

Larry Tobin
LRT Group, Inc.
www.lrtgroup.com
larry@lrtgroup.com
954-257-6224

Date: February 03, 2023 07:22PM

Standard tapes, we sell for $20.10. Rolls are 360' long, cost per inch is 0.056¢ if you use my Chrome Silver cost per inch is 0.081¢,

Larry Tobin
LRT Group, Inc.
www.lrtgroup.com
larry@lrtgroup.com
954-257-6224

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster