I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: CRB - IS661L
Posted by: Francis Santangelo (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2023 09:45PM

Daryl Ferguson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look in the left hand column under sponsors. It's
> the first link. There will be a link for "more
> info", or something to that effect in there.

Great thank you. And as far as the IS601L its rated 1/16-1/4 oz. Would that be able to handle 3/8 oz? I assume those numbers are just a sweet spot not the end all be all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Les Cline (---)
Date: February 01, 2023 11:27PM

The other suggestion I have to add to Daryl's is to scroll down the forum topic list to the CCS topic.

As I understand it, it is being updated continually with the CCS info forum members are adding all the time. (Because the forum list is organized with recent topics at the top, this topic may be pushed down the list over time.
Don't hesitate to go to page 2 to find it.

Add data if you have it! This helps all of us make correlations between blanks to find what we are needing and wanting for our fishing! (Even off-the-rack-rod data is great!)

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (---)
Date: February 01, 2023 11:47PM

Francis Santangelo Wrote:
> Daryl Ferguson Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Look in the left hand column under sponsors.
> It's
> > the first link. There will be a link for "more
> > info", or something to that effect in there.
>
>
> Great thank you. And as far as the IS601L its
> rated 1/16-1/4 oz. Would that be able to handle
> 3/8 oz? I assume those numbers are just a sweet
> spot not the end all be all?

Francis,

You're probably right about the lure and line ratings. That said, I follow the guidelines. I feel like if I'm going to go through the trouble of buying or building a certain rod, I should not do anything that might hamper its performance. But, I am probably in the minority.

Posted by: Les Cline (---)
Date: February 02, 2023 01:04AM

Daryl,

You are doing all the right things, IMO, and trying to dial in what you want. You are not in the minority. You are smart. (Maybe that does put you in the minority! HA!)

My thinking and opinion based on my experiences:

* Take your time in making your decisions. Do the research. Search the forum. Ask specific questions. You will find what you are looking for.
* Generally, the line and lure ratings for a blank are ballpark accurate. Many agree that the 'sweet spot' is somewhere in the middle, not at either end of the range.
* There is no substitute for trial and error. Made a few mistakes in my days, and hopefully learned from them. CCS data helps dial in what I want and need.

What's your favorite blank/rod right now?

les

Date: February 02, 2023 09:27AM

I have a Lews that I like a lot.

Posted by: Chris Jaenke (---)
Date: February 12, 2023 10:49PM

Francis Santangelo Wrote:
> Is the IS601L too light for bass?

I built my bfs rod on the crb 601L, it bombs 1/8 oz online spinners, it can’t cast anything in the 3/8 oz range well as the rod gets over-loaded. Great blank for light lures.

Date: February 13, 2023 12:45AM

I know you're looking at the 6'0L version, but I took my IS701ML build fishing today and caught a 3.5 pounder on a ned rig. It performed flawlessly!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster