I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC Gary Loomis Signed Certificate Packaging
Posted by: Stan Daubinawski (---.sub-174-192-76.myvzw.com)
Date: January 25, 2023 07:13PM

For those of you who ordered rods that were to include a Gary Loomis Signed Certificate. How was the packaging for your Certificates? I had mine sent
in an paper envelope through the mail with no cardboard backing, rather just the certificates in the envelope. The certificates got folded during shipment
which caused a crease in the paper to appear. (I tried to place the certificates in some books to remove the crease, but to no avail). I was disappointed
with the packaging of the certificate, and the resulting crease I can see in the certificate. (Not certain how to really fix the certificate now to remove the crease either)

The rods they send have such excellent packaging in the Cardboard tubes, its seems the certificates had very little thought put into packaging to ensure that they
didn't get damaged or bent during shipment

Thanks,

Stan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC Gary Loomis Signed Certificate Packaging
Posted by: Lucas Houtsma (---.wireless.static.netnitco.net)
Date: January 25, 2023 09:47PM

I just got my blank last week and never received my certificate. You are ahead of me I guess.

Posted by: Aaron Petersen (12.144.64.---)
Date: January 26, 2023 01:04PM

Mine came same as yours. No creases but not straight. I am sandwiching mine and will frame it pressed between panes.

I was expecting it to be in the tube since rolled docs can be flattened easy.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 26, 2023 01:19PM

Try to iron it.

Date: January 26, 2023 04:39PM

I have had problems with some of my rod blanks before reached out to customer service and had the issue resolved, with no complaints.

In the case of the certificates I feel they have sorta dropped the ball. I did contact them to see if they could replace the certificates with new ones,(I offered to
show that I had cut them up so as to show I am not trying to get some extra certificates) and they said they couldn't because they are behind in giving them
out, and as such, they can't send me any replacements. And just as Lance has suggested, they suggested to iron it out. (Which I am not certain will completely fix
it because of the crease and the damage to the border printing, but will have to try)

However, if the certificates are hard to come by and can't be replaced, I would think that a little more care in the packaging and shipping of them would be done
so as to prevent the certificates from getting damaged. If they had been put in the cardboard tube with the rods as Aaron had suggested, they would have at least
not gotten creased and prevented from also getting wet. The envelope that it was sent it didn't even have a do not fold on the packaging nor any cardboard backing to
prevent it form getting folded.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2023 05:12PM

Before I'd try and iron it, you might see if you can introduce some humidity to the document and then press/place it within a heavy book, etc. Stop shy of getting it wet but maybe somewhat damp and see if that helps it flatten without a crease.

Date: January 26, 2023 05:25PM

Okay Thanks Tom. I could try putting in a shower area out of the way and then try to press it afterwards? Would get hot/humid during a shower without necessarily getting it wet then.

Posted by: Norman Miller (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2023 07:00PM

How about a steam iron? The certificates I received were in great shape, I have them stuffed in a file drawer. I’m not sure what I will do with them. There only good for documenting that i bought a C6O2 blank, but I already know I did that.

Norm

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (---)
Date: January 26, 2023 07:16PM

Here's the proper procedure for getting rid of document wrinkles.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: January 26, 2023 09:11PM

SMH

Posted by: Michael Ward (---.atlagax1.pop.starlinkisp.net)
Date: January 26, 2023 11:37PM

I foresee no such certificates in the future as NFC will deem it not worth the hassle from rod builders……

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: January 27, 2023 09:15PM

If it was perfect you could one day sell it for what you paid for it. The blank might be a different story.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster