I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

G2 wrapper by Mud Hole question
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: January 18, 2023 10:04PM

For any owners of one of the new G2 wrapper being sold by mud hole:

Can anyone who happens to have a Foredom variable speed pedal connect it to the G2 wrapper and report on its performance.

I have never seen one, but have just read some of the reports.

It would be interesting to know if this other pedal would work the same, better, or worse, than the pedal that comes with the G2 wrapper and its digital control system.

Always looking for answers.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Take care

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: G2 wrapper by Mud Hole question
Date: January 21, 2023 10:37AM

I wonder if anyone has used a different foot pedal with the new G2 power wrapper for any reason?

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: January 21, 2023 10:42AM

I’ve seen where they are sending out replacement variable speed pedals that are like the ones used with the Alps / PacBay wrappers and with a 12’ cord to replace the 6’ cord / on/off pedal they originally included

Date: January 21, 2023 10:50AM

Michael,
That is indeed good news for the folks are having issues with the short cord and the on/off foot pedal as originally shipped.

Date: January 21, 2023 12:02PM

Note the new pedal and cord being shipped with the G2 wrapper:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Date: January 22, 2023 09:17AM

From Mudhole yesterday:

This is the message that I received from Mud Hole this morning: "Hey Roger,
The updated foot pedals and longer cords have been added to the new G2 wrappers moving forward. Everyone that has received one before these changes were made will be receiving a replacement pedal and cord free of charge.
Regards
Chris Norton
Mud Hole Custom Tackle"

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (---)
Date: January 22, 2023 11:41AM

Mudhole seems, from my limited experience with them, to be very customer service oriented. I recently decided to give rod building a try and decided on the rod builder kit they sell as well as the MHX MB843 casting rod kit. The building kit was supposed to be a 2 spool with a 9 rpm dryer motor. What I received was a 4 spool and an 18 rpm dryer motor. I called their tech support with a build question and was just chit chatting with Sean after he answered my question. I told him about the 4 spool and 18 rpm. He said they do that sometimes when they're out of the 2 spool or 9 rpm. Instead of making the customer wait around for the ordered parts to come in, they just upgraded me at no additional charge. That's pretty cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2023 02:16PM by Daryl Ferguson.

Posted by: Lance Vasquez (---)
Date: January 22, 2023 02:08PM

I wired a different foot pedal similar to the Alps pedal. I was able to find the XT60H plugs that are on the wrapper cord. It actually works very well at controlling the motor speed. I also used the same plug to create a jumper plug so I can run the motor without the footpedal for applying finish. Also chucked a flexcoat clutch into the jaws. All this now I find they are sending out new foot pedals. Oh well.

Date: January 26, 2023 03:44PM

Lance,
I am glad that the system is working well for you.
Roger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster