I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Euro Nymphing Blank
Posted by: Charles Krieg (---)
Date: December 30, 2022 09:47PM

I am building a euro nymphing rod and I am seeing if this community has any suggestions. Currently, I am looking at an 11-foot-2-weight rod from North Fork Composites for 125 dollars (LMX FANY1102-4). Before I order I am wondering if there are any better rods of similar specifications (2 or 3 wt, 10-11 feet).

Thanks for anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Euro Nymphing Blank
Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (181.214.151.---)
Date: December 30, 2022 10:21PM

Charles,
The definitive Nymphing blank is from CTS.
They make two blanks Nymphing specific:
10'6" - 4 piece - in #2 or #3.

The guys who know talked CTS out of making a Nymph specific blankl in 11'0" because the stock Affinity-X 11'0" #2 or #3 is an excellent Nymphing blank.
They also make the Affinity-X 11'0" in a #3 with a #2 tip to facilatate "the flip".
Contact me for your price.
Herb
CTS Rep

Posted by: Ross Montgomery (---.ipv6.telus.net)
Date: December 31, 2022 12:35AM

I recently built up the nfc blank. It turns out to be a great stick. Very light, very sensitive and you won’t be disappointed.

Posted by: Tim Scott (---.source.akaquill.net)
Date: January 22, 2023 07:44PM

I noticed in addition to the (LMX FANY1102-4, NFC also lists an FAF 1004-4 as a Czech nymphing rod. Just started in this realm and looking to add one to my current order for a trip out west. Just looking at the NFC right now due to the multiblank discount.

Thanks for any opinions

Posted by: Mike Bernazzani (---.res-cmts.mlf.ptd.net)
Date: January 25, 2023 06:29AM

I bought the CTS 2wt and 3wt (both 10'-6") from Herb. Not completely built yet, (obviously haven't fished them yet as getting their handles/reel seats today) but they feel fantastic. They are beautifully built. I would also add that Herb is great to deal with - I will be purchasing from him again.
Mike B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2023 06:32AM by Mike Bernazzani.

Posted by: Branko Radulovic (---.47-58-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: December 03, 2023 09:18PM

Hello,
Any updates on the CTS build ?

Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (185.203.218.---)
Date: December 03, 2023 10:04PM

Just saw this.

Thank you Mike B.

Just to add to this:

If one wants am 11'0" EN blank there is the CTS Affinity-X #2 and #3 that has been very frequently for ENing.
In addition - if one wants athe 11'0" with a softer tip - we also havs the Affinity-X 11'0" #3with a depowered tip by (-1). So, it's a #3 with a #2 tip.
Herb
CTS

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: December 03, 2023 10:23PM

You will not top the CTS blank in terms of quality if it is in your price range. And Herb frequents this forum and will treat you well in terms of service, feedback and expertise.

If you need to spend less, the NFC LMX fly blanks are very good offerings ifor the money.

If you are looking for a bargain, you can check with Hook and Hackle as they have a 10 ft. 3 wt in their Xi line up that is often on deep discount, or go on line to Custom Fly Rod Crafters in Albq.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster