I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Please welcome Norman Miller as a new forum Administrator
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2022 12:17PM

Dear Rodbuilding.org community,

In an effort to ensure that the forum remains an open and a neutral platform, I have given some more thought in regards to the recent post by Marc, which caused his suspension.

I realize that any action that I take in regards to NFC/posts may seem biased - and the only way to properly deal with it is to remove myself from that decision matrix.

I would like to announce Norman Miller has been added to the list of Administrators of the forum.

For a little background. Norman is 77 yrs old and retired as an Emeritus Professor of immunology from the University of Mississippi Medical School, where he was both a researcher and teacher. Norman built his first rod in 1969 when he was in the Air Force, and has been doing it ever since.

From Norman’s own words:

“Fishing and building rods have served me very well over the years as stress management tools. I consider myself a hobby builder because I don’t make any money doing it, in fact I probably lose some. I build for friends and friends of friends and since retiring 13 years ago build about 120 rods per year.

Norman had been a member of the forum since 2015, and has over 3500 posts. I know that both Tom, Myself, and other members of the forum respect his contributions and ideas very much.

Congrats Norm - and Thank you!

Best,
Alex

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please welcome Norman Miller as a new forum Administrator
Posted by: Kent Griffith (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 12:30PM

Congrats Norman!

Posted by: Les Cline (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 12:41PM

Norm is one of the very best! I have always admired Norm's humble, helpful, and thoughtful comments.

Our forum is better for this decision to make him an Administrator!

Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.wavecable.com)
Date: December 18, 2022 12:51PM

Thanks Norm, a BIG undertaking.

Posted by: El Bolinger (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 01:07PM

@ALEKS I respect that decision.

I've only been here a short time and Norm has already been exceptionally helpful and generous, he already makes the board a better place and I'm sure will only continue to do so. Congrats new friend!

Posted by: Ronald Atchley (96.125.236.---)
Date: December 18, 2022 01:12PM

Outstanding ! In my opinion the forum will gain a great deal from this decision . A better choice could not have been made . Congratulations Dr. Miller !

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: December 18, 2022 01:32PM

Not much to say other than you have chosen one of, if not the most respected member of this site in my book. Norman is the man.

You go Norman !!!

Posted by: Michael Danek (192.183.61.---)
Date: December 18, 2022 01:39PM

I agree with all the positive comments on Norman-he will serve the forum well.

Posted by: Patrick Noll (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 02:51PM

Norman has been super helpful and well spoken, great choice Aleks!

Posted by: Pawel Tymendorf (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 02:55PM

Great choice and great decision.

Best regards,
Pavel

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 18, 2022 03:21PM

Excellent choice Alex!

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 09:44PM

First of all, congratulations both to Norman and Aleks; Norman for your new position and Alex for realizing the benefit!!! While possibly not the first to befriend me with all my newbie questions when starting rod building 7 years ago, Norman has consistently always been there for me to flatten my learning curve, IMMENSELY, and is also just simply a great guy to converse with. His aptitude and intellect of being a Dr. carries over to his rod building as well yet remains humble in his approach to others; if Norman says it, bank on it!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Scott Kelly (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 10:36PM

Norm!

Posted by: Ernie Blum (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 10:44PM

Norm has been very kind and informative since the time I first discovered this site. He has not only entertained my questions and concerns on the board, but has also entertained some questions via e-mail. Thanks Norm.

I was enrolled in a Master's degree program in immunology at New York University back in the late 70s. I left the program to attend veterinary school, but immunology is an extremely important branch of science/medicine. Countless lives have been saved through the understanding of immunological principles, and I'm sure there are great strides to come. Thanks to Norm for contributing to the advancement of such an important branch of science.

And Aleks...Couldn't you have recruited Norm before you deleted my thread? I guess I'll just have to forgive you. :-)

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 10:52PM

Welcome Norm. You have helped me a couple of times with advice and parts which I appreciate. You'll make a great moderator.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 11:10PM

Atta Boy Norm. Thanks for stepping up.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2022 11:27PM

Ernie,

I didn't delete it - I merged it into the original "NFC" thread - you should still be able to see all of your posts there. (Let me know if you can't)

In any case, If you are offering forgiveness - I was always taught to take it :D

Best,
Aleks

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---)
Date: December 19, 2022 11:53AM

Congratulations Norm. Your input and experience, of what you have shared many times is most appreciated. I can't think of any one else that would have been a better choice.

Tom

Posted by: Norman Miller (Moderator)
Date: December 19, 2022 12:09PM

I’d like to thank both Aleks and Tom for choosing me to help out with the forum as well as everyone else here for their support and friendship. It has been quite a humbling experience for me. I will certainly try my best to keep this forum as helpful, educational and friendly as it has always been.
Norm

Posted by: Glenn Knepprath (---)
Date: December 19, 2022 04:56PM

Could not have found a better man for the job, Thank you Norm for all the help you gave me and others in the past years and Congratulations on your new position on the forum.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster