I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Credit to NFC
Posted by: Nick McCasey (---.hrfr.fibertech.com)
Date: December 16, 2022 07:06AM

I have to give NFC credit for helping me rectify my own mistake with a recent order. The week of Thanksgiving I placed an order for two X-Ray blanks, a rear grip, and a butt end. On Tuesday (12/13) I got a notification that my order had shipped (shipping label created), and noticed that instead of the SJ736-1 X-Ray I meant to order, I had accidentally ordered an MB736-1 X-Ray. I called customer service and left a message about the mistake assuming I'd have to go through the exchange process once the order arrived.

To my surprise, I got a return call the following day saying they managed to catch my order before it went on the truck, and that the blank manager was going to swap the blanks. They then followed up with an email asking me to confirm which blank I wanted to swap for. I'll follow up on this when the blanks arrive.

In light of the other post I just wanted to give NFC credit for helping me here. They could have let the order go out, had me do an exchange, and pay return shipping; I wouldn't have blamed them since it was my mistake. However, they solved the issue (in what I know is a busy time for them). It's important to keep in mind that there are people on the other end of these transactions as well. I know it's easy to get frustrated, and I know I have the luxury of not working towards a deadline here, but a little bit of patience and kindness can go a long way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Credit to NFC
Posted by: Al Jones (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: December 16, 2022 10:47AM

I agree, I probably have been a pain with a few of my orders but they fixed it for me!
And when I broke the tip on a blank they replaced it pretty quickly without any issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2022 10:48AM by Al Jones.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2022 09:59PM

Thank you Nick and Al!

Posted by: Neil Toland (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 09:23AM

I've had the same experience. I screwed up an order with a reel seat and grip recently. Entirely my error but they sure took care of it. Probably cost them more in time than the parts they helped me with. They aren't the only sponsor on the board that does this sort of thing but the ones that do get my repeat business.

Posted by: Les Cline (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 11:02AM

My experiences with NFC have been positive!

Nick's thoughts are terrific: "It's important to keep in mind that there are people on the other end of these transactions as well."

Posted by: Wade Hirai (---)
Date: December 18, 2022 03:34PM

I've had great experiences as well. I had a blank broken during shipping and received a new blank three days later! On a couple other orders, I received the wrong color grips and a misprinted label that were replaced right away.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: December 18, 2022 11:27PM

Thank you All!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster