I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rodgeeks issues
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 23, 2022 08:00AM

david taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> St. Croix announced that it will be dramatically
> upping its fly rod game in terms of range and
> quality of offerings. Maybe that will mean some
> new blanks in the future at Rod Geeks.

Yes they will, but they will not be sold under the St. Croix brand name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Todd Radek (---)
Date: December 02, 2022 09:42PM

I found the price point good being able to get a St. Croix/equivalent blank plus your choice of multiple color combinations.
Not liking the reduced amount of color options but I get it from their standpoint. They seem to be the same colors St. Croix offers so why offer extra colors if the demand isn't strong enough.
I've had rods painted by Don Shafar at Backbone but for me and they were great. Unfortunately shipping alone would be outrageous just to ship it down to Don and back.
May have to find equivalent Batson blanks for any non St Croix colors.

Posted by: Stan Vogel (---)
Date: December 04, 2022 06:42AM

I'm very disappointed in RodGeeks decision to drop the color options. School colors, patriotic colors are now limited. Quality rod blanks are common, custom colors not at all.

Posted by: El Bolinger (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2022 11:19AM

I was hoping they would have a black Friday or cyber Monday sale and I could buy a blank or 2 but they didn't. Si I bought 7 blanks from NFC haha. @STAN you right, there's enough competition that they aren't really set apart - prices aren't special, no sales, and colors aren't really special-

Posted by: chris c nash (---.atmc.net)
Date: December 05, 2022 12:05PM

Rodgeeks has incredible prices at the Expo , that's where I bought mine a few years back.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 06, 2022 05:19PM

I think you will see some color options come back as Rodgeeks finalizes their move and consolidates operations in Park Falls. I have been in touch with their marketing director and some of the changes appear to be only temporary.

Posted by: Stan Vogel (---)
Date: December 06, 2022 08:47PM

That's what I was hoping to see.

Posted by: Dean Veltman (94.140.9.---)
Date: December 09, 2022 07:20AM

Does anyone know if the models available in the Bass3 line up will also become available in one of the c4 lines?

Posted by: David Tweedel (---)
Date: January 06, 2023 02:24AM

Same…. I ordered 2 blanks from them on Dec 12th…still waiting for a ship confirmation. Sent an email mid last week… no response….sent another email…still nothing. I can understand being backed up through the holidays. But failing to respond and confirm that it’s just a minor holiday delay is what bugs me. I went ahead and ordered 2 more blanks from Get Bit Outdoors that’s already shipped out. I figure I’ll call and cancel my order with geeks and get my blanks from Get Bit from now on.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster