I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Deflection chart rod holder for sale??
Posted by: Craig Snapp (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: November 07, 2022 03:05PM

Hi all, I just bought a deflection chart but the tool/rod holder is out of stock and their redesigning it and ETA it fro spring 2023. Does anyone have one for sale?? Im building rods this winter and could really use one.
Please let me know?
Thanks very much!
Craig Snapp
Proud disabled USAF veteran ????????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deflection chart rod holder for sale??
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.adr01.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 07, 2022 04:45PM

Cobble up a setup to measure CCS and forget about the chart. If you need some ideas, my email address is open.

More and more blank companies are publishing CCS numbers, and they often have them by request, using CCS instead of a deflection chart will allow you to correlate with many more sources of information in the future than a deflection chart will..

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 07, 2022 04:58PM

The deflection chart he bought may be one that helps with guide placement.

Date: November 07, 2022 05:34PM

Maybe. The two line stress test works very well for that, also. And doesn't require a big wall for the chart. If one can hold a blank for a deflection test, he has the capability to hold a blank for CCS. It may be the best thing since sliced bread, but I just don't see it. Regardless, I was just offering an alternative strategy that I thought made more sense.

Date: November 07, 2022 06:43PM

I don't think the CCS will help with guide placement. But again, I don't know what sort of chart the OP bought.

Date: November 08, 2022 06:02AM

I didn't say that CCS would help with guide placement. I suggested the two line stress test for that. CCS, as you know, is excellent at objectively describing the action and power of rods, and for that, I argue that it's better than a deflection chart. It could be that having both systems would be ideal for what is intended.

Date: November 08, 2022 07:04AM

I think he has a guide placement chart. Equal Distance, etc. But not sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster