I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Who has built on an NFC Pelagic 705-1 (SM LMX)?
Posted by: Steven Stanely (---.cpe.sparklight.net)
Date: October 04, 2022 08:17PM

Will the folks that have built on the NFC Pelagic 705-1(SM LMX) please share you insight on how the blank performs, how much backbone does it have, lifting power etc…?

Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 09:39PM by Steven Stanely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who has built on an NFC Pelagic 705-1 (SM LMX)?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: October 05, 2022 12:45AM

That blank should be similar to the G Loomis Pelagic series rods the PS 84-40 blank, the PSR84-40C rod. I had a 20 and 30 lb. years ago and particularly loved the 20. I gifted it so a young man who wanted to learn to sturgeon fish with his dad. His dad's rods were a bit much for the kid to handle well, but the 20 was perfect for him and still had enough skookum to bring in a sturgeon up to the 6 ft. from shore, a bit more from a boat where you could follow the fish. I used them as general trolling and boat rods, fresh and salt, sensitive tips you can feel and see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2022 01:06AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: John Nesse (8.46.73.---)
Date: October 14, 2022 07:43PM

I have 703 and 704 but not 705. The 704 performs like a medium moderate but has a lot of power. The 703 is a medium light moderate ... maybe a hair faster than the 704. They're two of my favorite walleye and smallmouth rods. Very versatile. While this isn't the 705 I hope it's helpful.

Posted by: Steven Stanely (---.cspire.com)
Date: October 21, 2022 12:38PM

Thanks, I have two 705’s on the way. I believe the blank is exactly what I need to suit my customers want.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---)
Date: October 22, 2022 07:21PM

Steven, I'm assuming this will be used with 3 ounce tipped jigs for red snapper. Please post back with results. I have the same blank but didn't respond as I have not built it yet. I'll be very interested in your results.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Steven Stanely (---.cpe.sparklight.net)
Date: October 23, 2022 08:40PM

Sure thing, still waiting on the blanks to arrive. I’ll get it built and give post the feedback I receive from the new owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster