I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle APEX G2
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---)
Date: October 02, 2022 05:03PM

I was wondering if anyone has used the American Tackle Apex G2 Spinning Reel seat. The bright glossy black looks very nice. However, once I glued it in place on my drop shot rod it had a rather uncomfortable feeling to me. If anyone has used it and can pass on how well it feels while fishing it would-be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle APEX G2
Posted by: Kevin Landers (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 04, 2022 03:42PM

I may be a bit biased, but it is a great seat. We have a ton of customers using that seat, and all rave about how comfortable it feels.

Kevin Landers

Marketing Manager
American Tackle Co.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 05, 2022 10:00AM

Hey Tom,

The APEX 16 are absolutely the most popular seats in Europe right now for comfort and style on all lighter finesse rods. Both in the CCT (Compressed Carbon Tech) and the regular nylon versions using a variety of fore grip options.

That said, I much prefer the APEX 17 for both lighter and medium heavy builds. I feel this 17 version provides more comfort to grip/hold and has now replaced my old favorite AERO seats on inshore rods.

Darrin

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---)
Date: October 05, 2022 08:23PM

Darrin thank you for the insite. I have the 16 on this Drop Shot rod and will try a 17 on my next spinning rod

Tom

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: October 06, 2022 01:31AM

I think I have the 17 on a rod I built but it might be a 16 . Either way it rocks. Compressed one.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 07, 2022 09:40AM

Also, what's nice is that we offer a UH standard Hood/Nut assemble as well as a ULH option with several different grip choices such as; cork, EVA, & carbon, including aluminum trim in silver, gloss black and matte black finishes along with any matching accompanying aluminum seat checks. Great ways to dress up both regular and CCT versions!

Darrin

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 07, 2022 10:34AM

One thing I enjoy about this reel seat are all the options to make it comfortable. I usually use the ULH option to utilize a cork, EVA, or carbon sleeve as a fore grip or rear grip. The compressed carbon fiber version is very snazzy.

Posted by: Jeff Saxby (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: October 08, 2022 11:03PM

I find it depends on how I how hold the spinning reel. I typically hold the stem of the reel between ring and pinky finger, and like the seats down locking. Holding the reel stem between my middle and ring finger I find uplocking more comfortable. Positions the hump in the palm of my hand better.

Posted by: Kevin Landers (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 10, 2022 10:06AM

agreed! i hold it the same way and it really does fit well in the hand!

Kevin Landers

Marketing Manager
American Tackle Co.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster