I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Jann's NetCraft inventory issues
Posted by: Bob Canupp (---)
Date: September 30, 2022 01:35PM

I placed an order with these guys yesterday and called customer service to make sure they had these guides available and not back-ordered. I was told they had them and would be shipped today....hey sounds great! Well I get a call today and they say well someone bought the last 2 and when we went to get yours they weren't available. Also, they finally conceded that they were implementing a new inventory system. Unfortunately, I had told my customer that I finally found them and would get them soon and get him back fishing. I also canceled a previous order from another place that said it would take a week or two...my stupidity. Now I have nothing.

So, I have two questions. First, have you guys had similar experiences with this group? I intend to not use them again but wondering if others had similar issues. Secondly, does anyone know where I can find some Fuji Concept ALCONITE GUIDES - BLAG in size 7. Need them in Black.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2022 03:17PM by Bob Canupp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jann's NetCraft inventory issues
Posted by: Robert Flowers (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: September 30, 2022 06:52PM

Anger's Workshop carries them.

Tight Lies and frisky fish

RJF

Date: September 30, 2022 08:40PM

Yes sir, thank you for the response. They like everywhere else are out of the size I need or they just do not have them anymore. I read that Fuji is changing them to a Frosted Grey base or something like that. Thanks again.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: September 30, 2022 08:56PM

The black Fuji guides have been discontinued.

Norm

Date: September 30, 2022 09:17PM

Yes, I was trying to find a vendor that might have a few in stock. The above-referenced vendor indicated that they did but then decided that they didn't. That's why I was wondering if others had this problem with them. I guess it doesn't matter as I wouldn't use them again...just the way they handled the situation.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: September 30, 2022 09:51PM

How many do you need?
Norm

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: September 30, 2022 11:31PM

What you experienced can happen from any vendor, it has happened to me many times, from many vendors. All blank manufacturers and components, just a part of doing business.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---)
Date: October 01, 2022 01:55AM

Spencer Phipps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What you experienced can happen from any vendor,
> it has happened to me many times, from many
> vendors. All blank manufacturers and components,
> just a part of doing business.

What Spencer, you say it not a perfect world out there? I am devastated now

Ron Weber

Posted by: Joseph Willsen (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 05, 2022 11:02AM

Bob.......this is an every day occurrence for the last 2+ years. Not sure why you would be surprised. It took me 2 years of calling Ford corporate and acting like a maniac to get parts to fix a dangerous recall issue on my Explorer. Supply chains are all messed up....the folks who said it would take a few weeks? Don't believe it.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: October 06, 2022 09:33PM

Inventory system or not - think about the logistics of rod parts - how many thousands of skus there are - of tiny parts that look so much alike…. Can you image how easy it is for one part to accidentally make it in the wrong bin - or when inventory is done that things get off by a few count?

I’m not necessarily making excuses as it’s the business they are in - but at the same time have some understanding and empathy. The world keeps turning. A rod will fish if it has to have a mismatched guide on it from a repair….

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 09:43PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Ancelmo Fernandez (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 07, 2022 10:28AM

Hey Bob,

I have been using the American Tackle TI-Forged as an alternative to the Fuji's. They are offered in a few options for finish and inserts. I would look at a Nanolite or Duralite insert as a replacement.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---)
Date: October 10, 2022 05:02PM

Bob I have two of them in BLACK if you want them. Free just email me your address.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2022 05:04PM by Tom Wewerka.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster