I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

SCIV-SCII
Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (73.154.156.---)
Date: September 27, 2022 06:12PM

I didn't want to jump the other discussion so I started a new one. What blank is similar to the St. Croix SCIV-SCII?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SCIV-SCII
Posted by: Peter Yawn (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: September 27, 2022 06:41PM

Which rods are they using that blank on? The make so many varieties of graphite and blends I can't keep up. I mean 3 is halfway between 2 and 4, so that has to be the answer, right?

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: September 27, 2022 06:59PM

Look at Rodgeeks

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: September 27, 2022 07:15PM

Similar to in what measurable attributes? Please better define the question.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: September 28, 2022 09:12AM

Bruce,
There is quite a difference between an SC4 and an SC2.

If you were to compare the blanks to a rainshadow, the SC2 - might be fairly close to an RX6.

Then the SC4 would be fairly close to the RX7.

The SC5 - would be closer to the RX8 or possibly the eternity - maybe depending on the particular blank.

Best wishes

Posted by: Dean Veltman (104.165.153.---)
Date: September 28, 2022 03:24PM

Don’t forget sc3 in the middle.

Posted by: Bruce Tomaselli (---)
Date: September 29, 2022 10:04AM

Blanks - St. Croix - SC Fly Fishing - SCIV / SCII Graphite Fly Blanks ...[getbitoutdoors.com] › sciv-scii-graphite-fly-blanks
SCIV / SCII Graphite Fly Blanks. GLOSS BURGUNDY FINISH. There are no products listed under this category. ×. Great Value. Quality Products at Low Prices.

These used to be sold as one style of blank.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: September 29, 2022 08:02PM

What Lynn said .......... I have thought about giving Rod Geeks blanks a try a couple of times, and from what I can gather from reading their web site is that the Carbon 2 blanks are SC II blanks, and their Carbon 4 are SCIV blanks. And the bass series blanks in those numbers are the same materials as the carbon series, but with slightly different actions. If I remember correctly, the slightly different actions were more braided line friendly.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.broadband.sta.mhtc.net)
Date: October 01, 2022 12:32PM

SCIV is the equivalent to the Legend Tournament Bass blanks, the SCII is the old Premier line up of rods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster