I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Air Carbon (C6O2) Surf 1207!
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2022 10:07PM

Dear All,

As promised in an earlier post, the next model to be released in the C602 category, is the 1207 SURF!

SURF 1207-2 Stats
Blank Length: 12'0"
Blank Weight: 9 oz grams / 255 grams
Butt Diameter: 0.79
Tip: 9.0
ERN: 34.8
AA: 67
Line: 15-50lb
Lure: 2-10oz
Finish: Matte, Slightly Ridged, With "Black Widow" weave on blank, length of weave 45"

Pictures can be seen here, and IMHO the blank turned out stunning.

[northforkcomposites.com]

Priced at $249 only for the launch, will ship with a signed Gary Loomis certificate.

Thanks,
Aleks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Air Carbon (C6O2) Surf 1207!
Posted by: chris c nash (---.atmc.net)
Date: August 18, 2022 02:33AM

For the weight it throws and it's overall length having a blank weight of 9 ounces is very very impressive indeed . Most surf blanks that can throw up to 10 oz are considerably heavier hovering around 16 to 19 ounce blank weights .

A 2-10 ounce lure rating is pretty darn remarkable , I would bet 5 to 6 ounce would be close to it's best performance potential .

I really hope NFC considers producing some shorter surf blank lengths with ratings along the lines of 1-4 and 2-6 in the 9 to 11 foot length range in this material because those would be super hot sellers imo.

Date: August 18, 2022 01:18PM

Chris,

I'm not an expert distance caster by any means - but can easily cast 10oz about 100 yards with this blank.

Best,
Aleks

Date: August 18, 2022 02:29PM

I think this blank will sell like crazy for people that throw heavy weight for giant drum off the outer banks . I have little doubt about it's performance potential just by reading the specs but the majority of surf fisherman prefer surf blanks that are from 9 to 10'6" in length and lure ratings more along the lines on 1-3 , 2-5 , 1-4 - 3- 6 etc...

The outer banks guys throw heavier weight like 5-8 , 6- 10 and do prefer 12 to 13 foot length surf blanks but New England to Florida surf casters typically prefer slightly shorter blanks with lower lure weight ratings .

Posted by: brian rossi (---)
Date: August 19, 2022 01:31AM

Beautiful looking blank and it should fit that heavier market nicely. I'll echo what Chris said about hopefully producing blanks in the 9-11ft range. I was ready to buy it if there were any way that I could use it for plugging.

Posted by: Bob Ginther (162.245.181.---)
Date: August 20, 2022 04:50PM

Aleks Maslov Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chris,
>
> I'm not an expert distance caster by any means -
> but can easily cast 10oz about 100 yards with this
> blank.
>
> Best,
> Aleks

Alex how far does it cast 2-3 oz?

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: August 20, 2022 05:07PM

Aleks - when will they be available and how long is the launch pricing in effect? Thanks!

Date: August 20, 2022 07:03PM

They are available right now Michael .

Bob , didn't you buy the below blank ? It's a 11.5 footer in a 2-8 ounce rating . How does it throw 2-3 oz ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2022 07:05PM by chris c nash.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: August 22, 2022 12:37PM

There are two reasons for adding sinker weight: distance casting, and holding bait in place. For either of these goals there are other and sometimes more effective strategies.

Date: August 23, 2022 08:26PM

Chris, I built an 1167-2 to throw lures in the 3-5 oz range. I have another rod to throw the 2-3 oz range. But, I really like the 1167-2. it has been proven very versatile throughout the 2-5 oz range. i can't say its the best throughout that range, but I really like the rod for Mexico surf fishing for Roosters. I would buy it again.

Date: January 04, 2023 10:01PM

Alex, Any possibility I can still buy this blank at the $250 intro price?

Date: January 08, 2023 04:36PM

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately no - as with the entire C6O2 line, there is an initial pre-order period when the blanks are on sale, after that, we have decided never to put them on sale.

Best,
Aleks

Bob Ginther Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alex, Any possibility I can still buy this blank
> at the $250 intro price?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster