I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Carbon-Tex reel seat from NFC
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---)
Date: July 17, 2022 12:08PM

Just saw the write up on Tackle Tour with regards to the new series of rods being released by NFC. 2.9oz on a NFC725 blank. Well done gentlemen.
Alex’s when will this reelseat be available for purchase?

Thanks
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carbon-Tex reel seat from NFC
Posted by: Stan Daubinawski (---)
Date: July 17, 2022 01:39PM

Cool. I think this is what was being referred to in the Gary Loomis AMA, I was wondering if new blanks were going to be announced at ICAST.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2022 02:57PM

Looks like the seat shape that used to be on the Castaway rods, CUI had the same, and the Berkeley Series Ones were similar.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: July 18, 2022 10:39PM

Thanks Tom!

We are going to have them on the website in a couple of weeks.

Here is the review for those that are curious:

[www.tackletour.com]

Best,
Aleks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2022 10:43PM by Aleks Maslov.

Date: July 19, 2022 08:53AM

I can’t wait for y’all to release them! I’ve got a bunch of builds that will have these on them!

Date: July 19, 2022 09:05AM

Spencer, I have always liked the Castaway seats and how they fit my hand. With these being made of carbon they should be fantastic!

Posted by: Les Cline (---)
Date: July 19, 2022 12:51PM

Aleks - Great write-up on the new Edge Air Carbon line, and Congrats on the new product development!

Love the pro-shop idea, too. Will all NFC blanks and components be available to handle there, or just built rods? Would make an amazing fieldtrip!

I was so encouraged to see an ERN number listed on a mainstream site. Yes!

Posted by: Keith George (---)
Date: July 25, 2022 05:33PM

Alex’s-
Can you elaborate on when the X-ray Air blank line will be available? Or at least what models are planned and the intention of them? I see the 725 has a MBR designation.
Thanks.

Posted by: Patrick Noll (---)
Date: December 05, 2022 02:04PM

Aleks - When will this reel seat be available? Never could find it on the NFC website when ordering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster