I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

2023 ICRBE
Posted by: Todd Radek (---)
Date: June 25, 2022 06:31PM

Read in latest issue 2023.ICRBE is in limbo due to costs with an expected announcement soon.
This would be my first one and I was looking forward to it.
I noticed tix are only $10/day or $15 for both.
Even in tight times that seems like an extreme bargain, especially for something we all enjoy so much.

Would it help you out Tom if you raised ticket prices $5, $10??
And would most be in favor as a way to keep it going?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2023 ICRBE
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 26, 2022 10:59AM

Hello Todd.

I am amenable!

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Kevin Landers (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 27, 2022 12:06PM

As this is a massive show for the Rod Building community we want this to continue! We feel this is not only about connecting with our community, but also a great place to get with old friends and meet new ones! We have attended EVERY ICRBE and we know how important this show is for many rod builders!

Tom, If you see this please reach out if there is anything American Tackle can do to help! We love this show and it is something we all look forward to every year!

Kevin Landers

Marketing Manager
American Tackle Co.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ip-54-39-107.net)
Date: June 27, 2022 02:24PM

As far as rod building events go the Expo is a pretty high class affair. I suppose something could be done on a less grand scale but then you would be back to the type rod buildiing event sthat only draw a few dozen people. Doubt many vendors could come out without big attendance numbers. Cost is going up on everything for everybody these days.

Posted by: Derick Jahnke (---)
Date: June 27, 2022 05:39PM

That's a drop in a bucket compared to thr Sportsman Shows. 25 dollar tickets, 25 to park + waiting for a bus to ferry you to thr spot. Just wish these events could be closer to home.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 27, 2022 06:32PM

70% of the custom rod builders live east of the Mississippi River. Because most want to be able to buy blanks and components and drive them home, you need to locate within a one-day drive for most people. Go too far north or too far south and you've failed and your event will fail - people can only take off so much time from work for travel not to mention the cost of a couple extra nights of hotel stay. Schedule at the wrong time of the year and it'll fail. Put it too close to areas where bad winter weather events are likely and it'll fail. Locate it in a city where event venues, hotel rooms and food are expensive and it'll fail. I didn't locate the Expo in NC because I live here - I located it here because it ticks all the right boxes.

My understanding of rod building demographics is one of the major reasons the Expo has flourished while all the copycat events have been one-and-dones.

We're still negotiating and I will make a decision shortly.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: June 28, 2022 08:13PM

In a “down year” due to Covid and other factors hit has numerous new vendors, and many longtime ones - perhaps some with smaller footprints that in the past but I think I everyone was hedging due to Covid.

As an attendee and exhibitor I hope to see it continue….

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 28, 2022 09:59PM

Saturday's attendance at this year's 2022 event set a new one-day attendance record. Turnout was strong all-around. But costs are rising rapidly. Up 20% last year and I've already been presented with another 20% increase for 2023.

Posted by: John Duncan (---.fibercommunity.net)
Date: June 29, 2022 06:30PM

I agree with others it’s cheap at double the price
Gladly pay more , the savings on 2-3 blanks alone cover the admission
The classes are priceless
The location is great easy to get too and the
Marriott Is right with the price
Local restaurants are affordable
It’s like A short inexpensive vacation.

Posted by: Ernest Horvath (---)
Date: July 08, 2022 09:39AM

Tom, as usual, we always have a great time at the Expo. Either as an attendee, or renting a booth, need 2 for 2023 as an exhibitor, or presenting a demo. We all dislike price increases, but now days it is a fact of life. Barry and I fully support a price increase. It is a win, win situation. We always meet new people, share our talents and even old farts like me learn something new every year. It will work out, looking forward to 2023....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster