I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC replacement decals (Aleks)
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 15, 2022 07:23PM

For the MB709-1 that are corrected to read Mod.-Fast. Any word on when we might be receiving these?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC replacement decals (Aleks)
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: June 17, 2022 04:02PM

Lynn,

Drop me a note via email ([email protected]) and I will route it through to the appropriate folks for status/shipment in the office.

Best,
Aleks

Date: June 17, 2022 07:11PM

Aleks, I E-mailed my info to you on May 31. Just sent it again. Thx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2022 07:35PM by Lynn Behler.

Date: June 17, 2022 07:55PM

This where we left off on this deal: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 23, 2022 07:01AM

Lynn, I am glad to see you bringing this issue up again. I just sent an e mail.with my first request for new decals.

Date: June 23, 2022 09:18PM

Too late for me, I used the incorrect decal crossed out the word fast, and had my wife inscribe it Mod-Fast on the blank at the end of the decal. It sounded like they'd take care of it on May 30th but I've never had a response since, even after sending my info the 2nd time. Also the decal I did get did not function as it was supposed to. I had to lift the decal off the bottom sheet with Scotch tape in order to transfer it to the blank. I got away with murder, but it worked out. Still @#$%&. If you don't mean it, don't say it!! At least I got the blank in a timely manner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 09:23PM by Lynn Behler.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 24, 2022 11:09AM

Oh man Lynn, that is a major bummer my friend. And sure doesn't sound too promising as far as my request goes, now does it?

Dang .......

Date: June 24, 2022 07:55PM

Dave, only time will tell. Disappointing, after the discourse and all.

Posted by: Mark Brassett (---)
Date: June 24, 2022 09:31PM

It seems there is no urgency for NFC to answer any questions about their blanks either. I just built two tuna poppers in a spinning configuration on their only 40-80 pound line class 6' 9" XRays. I wanted to know if an aluminum reel seat might cause too much pressure at the front of the seat while fighting a large tuna. Couldn't reach anyone at the factory for advise. I did get an e-mail back with the guide spacing chart I had requested but by that time I had already built the rod. The spacing I applied was similar to the recommended figures provided by NFC, but not exact. We will see how it works.

Love the blanks, just wish I could talk to someone about my plans before a purchase.

Posted by: Alex purvis (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 24, 2022 10:40PM

If you guys click on my profile and scroll to my first post Aleks gave a good explanation on why experiences like this may happen.(I too was frustrated with them at one point and vented on here as I saw it as a more direct way to contact Aleks.) It’s not to excuse a company if they are providing bad customer service (which isn’t the case with NFC either.) but it may allow you to give them some grace as it did for me. NFC is different than some of the rod companies/blank companies I’ve dealt with since I’ve been fishing and so I can empathize with your frustration as we are conditioned to get an instant solution to any issue that may arise by a lot of bigger companies. At the end of the day, I truly believe NFC makes products like no other (not that you or any other members commenting on this post think otherwise.) and they are worth being patient and cooperative with as I assume they don’t have offices with just a customer service staff like bigger companies. Anytime I’m reaching out to them it’s mainly the same girl returning my emails or Aleks.
I have been taken care of by Aleks and his crew with the only issue I’ve had from them since I started using their blanks and while the issue wasn’t resolved overnight like we all would want, it did get taken care of. We all should be rooting for nfc to succeed as a company because again, their quality is unmatched and I love being able to support American jobs. Hopefully as nfc grows, they can expand on customer service!
Where else can we get blanks at that quality and at that price point? They are deserving of your patience, friend!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 11:17PM by Alex purvis.

Date: June 25, 2022 07:45PM

Except for the decal issue, I have no problem with NFC. I wish them the greatest success. I know they have their hands full just now. Rod turned out great, and with a forever conversation piece!

Posted by: Alex purvis (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 25, 2022 11:50PM

Post some photos of it!

Date: June 26, 2022 07:16PM

Not a pic poster. Lol It looks pretty decent though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster