I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFL decal source
Posted by: Tyler Reinert (---)
Date: June 04, 2022 12:15AM

I'm helping a friend build a rod for a charity raffle in which he donated a fishing gift basket and a custom rod of the winners choice. The winner wanted a Dallas Cowboys themed bass rod. I've selected all the components and will start building it this weekend. However I need a Dallas Cowboys logo decal. And Mudhole does not have any and American Tackle as well. I'm sure this has to do with licensing. Any ideas on where I may be able to find one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL decal source
Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: June 04, 2022 12:55AM

Tyler,
Decal Connection will do it for you but you need to get prior written permission from the source. DC has a vast array of logos but they respectively honor ™ rights.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Tyler Reinert (---)
Date: June 04, 2022 01:09AM

Ok how would I go about getting permission? If it ends up being too much of a hassle I can always just go with the Cowboy colors and have a decal made of his name for the rod.

Posted by: Mark Brassett (---)
Date: June 04, 2022 07:19AM

Look at etsy Dallas Cowboys fingernail art. I've used these decals on a few rods. Not sure how long they hold up under UV. light.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---)
Date: June 04, 2022 03:54PM

Google NFL fingernail art, lots of choices

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 05, 2022 08:17AM

I recently bought some Etsy University of Michigan decal art, they were water slide decals, and they just about disappeared on the blank. Almost transparent on the dark background. Might work on a light background, but doubt it. If you can find peel and stick I think your better off than water slide.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2022 11:33AM

I would check Hobby- Lobby, Michal's, and any other craft stores for peel n stick labels. I've found Harley-Davidson,Yankees , Mets and others at these stores in the scrap booking isle. They adhere good and look great after a coat of epoxy over them.
Give it a shot , you may get lucky.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Tyler Reinert (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 05, 2022 12:10PM

Thank you all for the help. I will check some local hobby stores. And if I strike out I'll order some of the fingernail stickers. When he requested a Cowboys themed rod I didn't even consider the licensing issue with finding decals.

Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.wavecable.com)
Date: June 05, 2022 03:22PM

Check fingernail art. Some teams are very protective of their teams stuff and don't want people to make any money off their licensed stuff. One day I made a rod for a charity and planned on weaving a Seahawks logo on the rod. I contacted the Seahawks legal department and told them what I wanted to do. The legal dept gave me the ok to make that weave and two more as long as I wasn't making any money on the deal. My .02

Posted by: Joseph Willsen (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 08, 2022 04:17PM

I just bought a whole sheet of LA Lakers vinyl decals off Amazon for $9.99. Different looks....different sizes.

Posted by: Brady Valberg (---.midco.net)
Date: June 10, 2022 09:38PM

[www.etsy.com]

Used these guys alot. Very good service 0 issues. Very cheap too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster