I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ever wanted to cast farther?
Posted by: Kevin Landers (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 02, 2022 09:10AM

The MicroWave Line Control System is the most awarded technology in fishing tackle history with a total of 6 worldwide Best of Show innovation awards. The reason; it is the most effective and efficient line control system ever created. The very purpose of line guides are to capture loose line coming off of a reel and control it during the cast efficiently allowing the rod and angler to perform at their best. Combining science and practical application, the MicroWave Line Control System captures and controls line immediately in the first guide and throughout the cast with total line control. The results are improved rod reaction and better angler performance.

Kevin Landers

Marketing Manager
American Tackle Co.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ever wanted to cast farther?
Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 02, 2022 11:25AM

This sounds like a terrific advancement in either casting accuracy or casting distance, or both.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: June 02, 2022 12:48PM

Don't we come to a point where we are just casting, instead of fishing? There has to be a point where we can no longer set the hook on our prey, or even no they are there. After that we are depending on the kamikaze few that hook themselves. In flyfishing, casting over two or three different current seams doesn't give me much confidence in my presentation, or ability to hook the fish.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ip-54-39-133.net)
Date: June 02, 2022 01:15PM

I have found that any of the good guides systems when properly set up will all cast within about 1% or 2% of each other on maximum distance. And I sorta think that the human error in casting counts for most of even that small percentage difference. A rod can only cast so far.

Posted by: Richard Bowers (97.120.160.---)
Date: June 02, 2022 03:42PM

I am a huge fan of the Microwave Line System! I put them on everything from ultra-light freshwater rods to surf rods to inshore bottom fishing rods! My favorite is the MW25's, they are great for both freshwater and inshore applications!

Date: June 02, 2022 07:26PM

Does the Microwave Line System produce longer casts, more accurate casts, or both?

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 03, 2022 07:22AM

The casting of a lure is done through the caster's utilization of the rod/line/lure system. Guide design/placement is part of that system, and some work better than others, although all will work very well with the right line/rod/caster components of the system. Rod characteristics, including recovery time, are very important, too. It's very complicated. Recovery time is affected by running guide weight, lighter being better.

I have long argued that with the right line, almost any guide system will perform very well.

I personally prefer the Fuji designs which offer many finish/size/weight/ring material options and look much more elegant in doing their jobs than many other designs.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 03, 2022 10:46AM

Hi guys,

Mr. Ewanicki, the system allows the most effective line management by quickly capturing and controlling line from the reel. Then the angler and rod are able to produce long accurate casting.

Mr. Danek, I agree with your initial premise. With the many variables finding the ideal combination isn’t easy to do, unless you use the most efficient and effective system available, and a system that works well with most variables right off the bat, such as the MicroWave line Control System. And where some unique characteristics such as heavier, stiffer lines and longer, larger rods/reels are utilized, there’s another system (MW25) using the same principles to again offer that superior line management.

And as far as Fuji designs, there are many other similar guides all offering similar qualities including the elegant look. But in my opinion where Fuji excelled was in their NGC and KRC revelations regarding line management to improve casting performance for both rod and angler, and of course the guide designs applicable to the concepts. Superior without a doubt, until the MicroWave Line Control System surpassed their efficiency offered in a one size fits most package.

Respectfully,

Darrin
American Tackle Company

Date: June 03, 2022 06:58PM

How does one capture and control line from the reel more quickly, and how much time are we talking about: Seconds? Tenths of seconds? Milliseconds? Surely it must be the hand of the caster which captures and controls (moves) line from the reel - or does the Microwave line Control System itself somehow pull the line off the reel and push it through the guides at an increased rate of speed? It's exciting to hear the Microwave line Control Casting System increases accuracy, but how does the MLCC System know where the caster wants the line to go?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2022 07:05PM by Phil Ewanicki.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 03, 2022 07:13PM

"until the MicroWave Line Control System surpassed their efficiency offered in a one size fits most package."

Opinion, unless you have data. I'm not big on "one size fits most" . . . I like the options that Fuji offers. Different priorities for different builds.

I've done the MicoWave test, couldn't see the difference. Keep trying to convince me. I'm open, but so far, not convinced.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2022 06:59PM

I think the main appeal of the MicroWave system is that it allows for outstanding performance within a package that is extremely easy to set up. Most rod builders don't want to get heavily involved in the mechanics of guide systems. Of course, they do want good performance. With the MicroWave system, they get that in an easy to use package.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---)
Date: June 05, 2022 06:35PM

I like the Microwave guide system and have built quite a few rods using it. Generally I'll let my client decide on what he wants once shown both the Fuji and the AT setups. If there is any drawback to the
MW20 system it is the extremely light weight transition guide. I have experienced a number of failures. Where this guide goes is in the power section of the blank and if was just made stronger would be a great improvement (if they haven't already done so)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster