I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow CCS Power Numbers
Posted by: Jeff Saxby (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: May 31, 2022 11:19AM

Does anyone have CCS numbers for Rainshadow IMMS68MXF and/or IMMSW68MXF?

I have the older RX8 versions of both, but not the Immortal versions.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainshadow CCS Power Numbers
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 01, 2022 04:27PM

Jeff, send me an email.

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 02, 2022 04:10PM

Michael, Why not post it here for others as well??? Just because they No longer make the RX8 versions, Don't mean their not out their. I own several of these still unbuilt.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 02, 2022 04:32PM

I am curious as to why not post them here as well? .... if you have them, why not post them here for all to see? The Immortal 68MXF blank is one I have considered for a drop shot rod. But not having CCS IP numbers for the blank made it a no go for me.

I've already had a costly experience with the Eternity2 ETES610MXF blank that I built on being severely under powered for a blank with the published specs it has. The 68MXF has the same specs as the the Eternity2 610MXF. If the Immortal versions are anywhere close to being the same power as the old Eternity2 RX9 blanks, then with an IP of 279 grams, it's nothing more than a pan fish rod. It's certainly not a rod for bass. At least not by my estimation.

So if you have the numbers. Please post them.

Posted by: Jeff Shafer (---.9.214.67.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 11, 2022 06:07AM

I haven’t kept up with Rainshadow blank models, but can provide ERN/AA for the RX8+ 905-4. Maybe also RX8 905-4.

"The greatest barrier to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Daniel J. Boorstin

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 20, 2022 07:29AM

Michael, Why not post it here for others as well???

I don't have the numbers, but I had a tip for the OP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster