I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Nfc x-ray sb722
Posted by: Shawn Mattson (---)
Date: April 24, 2022 04:53PM

Interested in finding out people's impressions on techniques purposed for this blank as i bought one and I might just build this rod for what it would truly shine at vs my intended use. Nothing wrong with building more than one right guys?? Lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nfc x-ray sb722
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 24, 2022 09:52PM

Have you used the search function to get your info? Lots more info there that we can list in a post. While you are at it look at the info fot the Xray SJ703 also, I think they do everything I need them to identically. Light ned rigs, smaller jerkbaits, just for fun I stopped znd threw a few small spinners for summer steelhead in a small coastal stream, handled a 5 lb fish just fine and it was super responsive and sensitive, I knew the fish was on it as soon as the spinner blade stopped thumping.

Date: April 24, 2022 09:58PM

My searches for information on this particular blank has been very little. I did see a comparison between the sb722 and the sj703 that showed under the same loads they flexed identically to one another. Who knows how accurate it is but if that's the case I've read enough about the sj703 to know that what I got should work very well for what I intend. I'm just asking for personal experience with this exact model. Thanks for the reply though!!

Posted by: John W. Scarborough (---)
Date: April 24, 2022 11:20PM

Spencer, you've talked me into it.
I'm gonna have to order at least two of the sj703 sometime this week.

Posted by: Michael Fischetti (205.197.219.---)
Date: April 25, 2022 10:57AM

How long did it take to get to you? I ordered one but never got an email confirmation, called them to make sure they got the order which they said that they did but never got any email or updates since. Not too worried because they seem to have good customer service and are responsive, just am excited to get it lol.

Date: April 25, 2022 11:31AM

I just ordered mine a week ago with the understanding that they say flat out 2-3 weeks but I've heard it can take up to 8 weeks. I haven't received any kind of correspondence regarding my purchase either.

Posted by: Stan Daubinawski (12.86.154.---)
Date: April 25, 2022 12:34PM

I placed an order for NFC Blanks on the 25th of March and they just sent an email today that they have shipped it on the 25th of April.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: April 25, 2022 12:58PM

Shawn,
We only hear about the delays, myself I have never had an 8 week delay, or anything near it, but I have from other companies over the years. My deliveries have been on the porch from 4 days to 2 1/2 weeks, same with their grips. All the rest of us that have had good service will rarely mention it, just the opposite seems to always be posted, I wonder what tthe ratio is etween the two? We'll never know by reading posts.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: April 25, 2022 02:29PM

Michael,

Please double check your junk email for an order confirmation. If it is still not there, please email info@northforkcomposites.com and we can re-send it.

Best Regards,
Aleks

Michael Fischetti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How long did it take to get to you? I ordered one
> but never got an email confirmation, called them
> to make sure they got the order which they said
> that they did but never got any email or updates
> since. Not too worried because they seem to have
> good customer service and are responsive, just am
> excited to get it lol.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: April 25, 2022 02:30PM

Shawn,

Please double check your junk / spam folder for an order confirmation - if you can't find it there, email my staff at info@northforkcomposites.com and they will re-send it.

Best Regards,
Aleks

Shawn Mattson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just ordered mine a week ago with the
> understanding that they say flat out 2-3 weeks but
> I've heard it can take up to 8 weeks. I haven't
> received any kind of correspondence regarding my
> purchase either.

Posted by: Shawn Mattson (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: April 30, 2022 05:15PM

Hey Aleks, I'd just like to say thanks for getting me squared away, I just ordered some of your woven carbon fiber grips to go on the blank. Excited to get this project under way. Can you comment on the weight of your grips compared to other companies similar offerings other than what's on the website?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster