I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Partially finished fishing rods
Posted by: Bruce Frierdich (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 13, 2022 10:21PM

I have several fishing rods that are partially finished along with some blanks. Handles installed but no guides or maybe a couple of guides. Some are MudHole house brand but I also have some Loomis rods. I also have guides, tip tops and thread. A really nice collection of good quality stuff. The problem is my wife has some health issues and I work a lot of hours and honestly, have kind of lost interest in building rods as I approach 70 years old (I have been building rods since I was a teenager). I would like to sell the lot to someone who is maybe starting out or has more time on their hands than me. I really do not want the hassle of selling one here or there if I can help it. I am not trying to make money on the deal but do not want to lose a lot of money either. (This is not a "fire sale".) So, if there is anyone out there who potentially is a serious buyer and would give me a fair price, I can catalog everything I have and send you the list, or post in the buy/sell tab. And if there is a better way to do this, let me know (other than @#$%&, Craig's List, or local swap meets). Thanks guys!

Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Partially finished fishing rods
Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: April 13, 2022 11:48PM

Bruce,
Sorry, I cannot help you, but others on this site may be able to. Good luck!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Michael Fischetti (---)
Date: April 14, 2022 12:05AM

Hey Bruce,

I'm starting to get into Rod Building and might be interested- How many rods are we talking about? If it's more than 5 or 10 I might not be too interested (don't have the room in my apartment right now, unfortunately) but if you get me a list of it I'd love to look into what you have! Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2022 12:39AM by Michael Fischetti.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 14, 2022 06:39PM

Bruce, Unhide your email or send me the info so I can peek at what you have. Thanks Dennis

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.static.flhsi.com)
Date: April 14, 2022 06:53PM

Bruce, First off, I hope your wife gets better soon. If you can send me an email of what you have I will take a look. In the meantime, well wishes for your wife.

Posted by: Mike Bernazzani (---.res-cmts.mlf.ptd.net)
Date: April 14, 2022 08:26PM

Bruce, I also might be interested. Where are you located (generally).
THANKS
Mike B

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 14, 2022 08:36PM

Also interested, jeffreyrennert@aol.com I'll say a prayer for your wife!!!

Date: April 15, 2022 08:10PM

Thanks guys. I’ll put together a list and post. I live in the north west suburbs of Chicago. My email address is brucefrierdich@yahoo.com.

Date: April 22, 2022 01:56PM

Hi, I am leaving the hobby after more than 50 years of building rods. I have a few blanks and some partially finished rods that I am hoping to sell. Here is the list. Please email me if anything interests you. I'd prefer to sell all to one person but will break them up if necessary. I am looking for a fair price. Thanks.
Bruce

1) Mudhole 7’, 1 piece, spinning blank, brand new, #S842 – MHX. White
2) Mudhole 7’, 1 piece, spinning blank, brand new, #S842-MHX. Seafoam Green
3) Mudhole 7 ½’, 1 piece, spinning blank, brand new, #SJ903-MHX-M. Slate Gray
4) Mudhole 7 ½, 1 piece, spinning blank, cork handle and PacBay silver aluminum reel seat installed, 4 out of 7 Fuji concept spinning guides installed. # SJ902-MHX. Slate Gray.
5) Mudhole 7’, 1 piece, spinning blank 2 piece, cork handle and CRB reel seat installed. I don’t have model number or other details but as I recall this was a fast action, 3/8 – 3/4 oz lures. Slate Gray.
6) Mudhole 9’, 2 piece, spinning/trolling blank, brand new, #ST1084F-MHX-M. Slate Gray.
7) Loomis 7’, 1 piece, casting blank (cut down to 6 ½’), cork handle and standard Fuju casting reel seat installed. I bought this from a dealer who had bought a bunch of Loomis rod blanks when they stopped selling blanks. I don’t have model number or other details but as I recall this was a fast action, 1/4 - 3/4 oz lures. Slate Gray.
8) Loomis 7’, 1 piece, casting blank, cork handle and standard Fuju casting reel seat installed. Blue underwrap laid on. I bought this from a dealer who had bought a bunch of Loomis rod blanks when they stopped selling blanks. I don’t have details but as I recall this was a fast action, 3/8- 1 1/4 oz lures. Slate Gray.
9) St. Croix 7 ½’, 1 piece, spinning blank, cork handle and PacBay gun smoke aluminum reel seat installed, 3 out of 7 Fuji concept spinning guides installed. I don’t have model number or other details but as I recall this was a x-fast action, 1/8 – 1/2 oz lures. Slate Gray.
10) St Croix 8 1/2’, 2 piece, casting/trolling blank, brand new, #G86-H2. (Old new stock.) Slate Gray.
11) Fenwick 8’3”, 2 piece, HMG fly rod blank. Split cork handle and Fuji reel seat installed. I don’t have model number or other details but as I recall this was a 6 wt fly blank. I was going to build it as a spinning blank. Brown.
12) Fenwick 8’6”, 2 piece, HMG fly rod blank. Brand new. I don’t have model number or other details but as I recall this was a 6 wt. fly blank. Brown.
13) American Tackle Company Matrix Series, 2 piece, spinning rod blank. Brand new. #MA-SP7-2/4-10. Black.
14) OEM 6 ½’ spinning blank, 2 piece, cork handle and standard Fuji spinning reel seat installed. I don’t have model number or other details but as I recall this was a fast action, 1/8 – 1/2 oz lures. Slate gray.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster