I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

You've tried the rest.. you know how this ends.....
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: March 07, 2022 01:01PM

Check these out.. a lightweight workhorse using the latest materials.

[www.americantackle.us]

In stock and shipping

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You've tried the rest.. you know how this ends.....
Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: March 08, 2022 11:14AM

I will say that these blanks are absolutely amazing and very versatile. They have a wide selection of power/line classes to be utilized for many applications from light to heavy duty but with enough power to go beyond the designated range.

We tested these blanks extensively on the water taking a couple prototype rods to ICAST for people to pull on a finished product. The results were that we sold out the first shipment and a half even before we formally released the series.... great blanks!

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: March 08, 2022 11:29AM

I was able to "play"with these blanks when visiting the American Tackle Headquarters back in December. I was beyond impressed. I'm a salt water guy and I can't wait to try these blanks on Tog, flounder, and cobia this summer. The action on these blanks is absolutely perfect and their power is second to none. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Capt. Craig Freeman
Grading Scales Sportfishing and Back River Rods

Posted by: Kevin Landers (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: March 08, 2022 11:57AM

As I am fairly new to rod building I am very excited to build on these!

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: March 08, 2022 01:38PM

Darrin:

I guessing the weave help increase strength vs say unilateral fabric?
And that increase in strength means you can use less of the material...making it lighter?

Please...elaberate.

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: March 08, 2022 03:09PM

Hi Chris,

Yes adds strength, weight, beauty, cost,,,,, the whole shebang. But realistically its all part and parcel of the style of these blanks being thinner diameter fast full-action saltwater blanks that fulfill many needs while not breaking. The wall thickness including all materials, tape etc. is thick but not abnormally so and the overall weights are what I would consider very light based on the power provided particularly compared to glass or composite equivalents.

I was so impressed fishing the original prototypes that if I didn’t already have so many rods built I would replace them all with these Extremes (except of course the heavy standup and trolling rods).

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 08, 2022 11:40PM

Great blanks! Got me the 10-20 and will be trying it out on the 16th, ocean conditions permitting...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster