I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ALPS Components
Posted by: Tom Wood (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 19, 2022 12:38PM

I recently ordered a salt water surf rod that was supposed to be fitted with all FUJI, components to include a FUJI, DPSM reel seat. The rod was not delivered as advertised and came with an ALPS reel seat. Does any one have any idea as to the quality of the ALPS product line? I have been a loyal fan of FUJI for many years and never owned anything ALPS.

This was an expensive purchase, please share your thought's.

Many thanks

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ALPS Components
Posted by: Grant Darby (172.92.68.---)
Date: February 19, 2022 01:17PM

Alps products are top of the line. Batson Enterprises is the US distributor for them. Many OEM companies use Alps products throught their line.

Date: February 19, 2022 02:14PM

Thanks so much.

Posted by: Christopher Martin (52.128.153.---)
Date: February 19, 2022 03:48PM

ALPS is equal to if not better than Fuji. You are golden.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: February 20, 2022 12:06AM

Tom,
It is well known that I am a Fuji fan. Nonetheless, Batson’s Alps and Forecast products are top-notch by anyone’s standards. I would certainly question the integrity of the supplier who did not deliver a product as described well before questioning a Baston product!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2022 08:48AM

My thoughts have nothing to with the quality of any components, but why a vendor would substitute what you ordered with something else without inquiring with you first. If you ordered a specific seat and received something else, you should demand that the vendor send you what you ordered. If it's a question of that part being backordered, they should have inquired as to whether you would accept a similar yet different piece.

Date: February 20, 2022 09:39AM

Thanks everyone, for addressing my concern. I have contacted the supplier, advising them of the marketing issue.

Tom Wood

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (172.58.99.---)
Date: February 20, 2022 11:38AM

Alps reel seats are the cat's meow, especially for surf rods. Quality guides also. Fuji does not have surf rod reel seats like the aluminum Alps ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster