I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole Website
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2022 01:15PM

Anyone else having major issues with the Mudhole website? This new version is a total mess. Now I can't even view my cart or proceed to check-out without a big message that says it can't load this website and to try again later. Well I have been trying for two days ???? I have even restarted my computer thinking it just me be me but no go?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole Website
Posted by: Aaron Petersen (12.144.64.---)
Date: February 02, 2022 01:34PM

No issues here. Are you getting a DNS error? Do you have a mobile device to try from your home internet and see if you get the same issue?

Posted by: Fred Zimmermann (---.raintreegraphics.com)
Date: February 02, 2022 01:55PM

I had that issue. It was very frustrating to say the least. I think it was my Fire Fox web browser. I opened up Google Chrome and then everything went through. That was on my last order and I haven't tried it again since. That is not the only thing wrong with the "new and improved website" but it's almost pointless going there. The old one was just fine. And better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2022 01:55PM by Fred Zimmermann.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2022 02:12PM

Web browsers tends to stay one step behind many newer websites. It's just a fact of the matter that new websites and new browser versions to utilize them don't necessarily arrive at the same time.

Date: February 02, 2022 03:30PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will contact mudhole on this. It does the same on both my Mac and my iPad, but it works on my Android phone. I even restarted the wifi. I tried the Safari and the Chrome browsers and got the same results.

Good to hear that others aren't experiencing this problem.

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: February 02, 2022 03:37PM

No issues here...using Edge and FireFox.

Posted by: Aaron Petersen (12.144.64.---)
Date: February 02, 2022 04:34PM

If it works on android then it is likely your version of Safari (apple browser) that has a compat issue.

[kingpinbrowser.com]

If that link won't post here, search for this "Website won't load on safari" and look for an article called "11 simple fixes for safari..." and start at #4.

It could be the cookie or cache stored for your previous visits to the old site is conflicting with the new data or something else along those lines.

A.P.

Date: February 02, 2022 07:55PM

Good information Aaron. I cleaned up some stuff and downloaded Foxfire. That seems to be working okay

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.delta.com)
Date: February 02, 2022 11:23PM

I just placed an order last week without any problems. Everything in stock, shipped and received.

Posted by: Aaron Petersen (---.centralaccess.com)
Date: February 02, 2022 11:44PM

Tom Wewerka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good information Aaron. I cleaned up some stuff
> and downloaded Foxfire. That seems to be working
> okay

Great to hear you got it working! Now go "earn" those MudBucks.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---)
Date: February 04, 2022 09:51PM

I too am having problems with their change. I am awaiting delivery of an order, and when I tried ti contact them thru the web site. I get a message that I don't have an account. I have been doing business with them for years, some times I wonder if outfits that make changes ever really test them.

I know will resort calling them.

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: February 05, 2022 10:22AM

Phil Erickson Wrote:
> I too am having problems with their change. I am
> awaiting delivery of an order, and when I tried ti
> contact them thru the web site. I get a message
> that I don't have an account. I have been doing
> business with them for years, some times I wonder
> if outfits that make changes ever really test
> them.
>
> I know will resort calling them.

Phil...under the login...try "Create your account"

Date: February 05, 2022 08:53PM

Fred Zimmermann Wrote:
> I had that issue. It was very frustrating to say
> the least. I think it was my Fire Fox web browser.
> I opened up Google Chrome and then everything went
> through. That was on my last order and I haven't
> tried it again since. That is not the only thing
> wrong with the "new and improved website" but it's
> almost pointless going there. The old one was just
> fine. And better

Fred I agree totally with you. If you saw the first day it went live I posted that all of my information and orders disappeared . The new site is a disaster, so sick of drop downs that cover the whole page, and a large amount of information that was on the old website is no longer available. Kind of interesting that no one from the IT department has chimed in either. There is a big Problem and they know it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2022 08:59PM by Tom Wewerka.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: February 07, 2022 08:57AM

Tom - I’m also having issues - pages time out - seems to happen when I’m logged into my wholesale account with 20+ items in my cart. They are aware of the issue but seems to be a mix of something on the websites side and the browser client side. My issues are happening with both Safari and Chrome on the Mac, and in Safari on the iPhone. I have found clearing the website data from the browser cache at least let’s me get back into the site.

If you can get it to behave long enough to view the items you need the. Write down the pn’s and either give them a call or email and they can key in the order

Posted by: Darwin Wong (---.sdns.net.rogers.com)
Date: February 08, 2022 12:23AM

I had similar website experience with a large shopping cart order last week. It was not my browser.

Tried various browsers, mobile/desktop, cleared cache, saved and retrieved carts.... and server errors happen at random intervals of cart adding.. so it wasn't a particular item either. Eventually got an order through after hammering at it for a day. Hope things improve on the new site.

Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: February 10, 2022 02:09PM

Tom

The transition to the new website wasn't a choice we took lightly. Our previous hosting service was not longer supporting the platform that our previous site was built on, and launching a new site was a necessity. We chose to migrate to an entirely new platform, at the expense of losing the previous history knowing this would upset some customers. However we still have a record of every order ever placed in our back end system...if you need something let one of the support reps know and they can get you any info you'd like. As far as your specific connectivity issues, Im not 100% sure of why you'd be having challenges, its very probable it could be an issue with your "cookies", if you havent already try clearing them and accept the policy on the site when you visit. We have not received notification of any widespread system issues to note.

Regarding Darwin's issue with a larger order, we have identified a bug with orders over 100 line items that the support team is working to fix. We experienced push back when we launched the preceding version of mudhole.com as well and just as we did on the last site we will continue to improve, adapt and grow to fit the needs of our rod building community.

Thanks for your business, and know our team is here to help if you need it.

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster