I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Important Expo Update
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2022 04:56PM

I fully expect the 2022 International Custom Rod Building Exposition to be the largest and best in its 20 year history. The cast of world class custom rod builders in the exhibit hall may very well be the best and largest ever assembled under one roof. From the various artists in the NERBs booth, the Southern Rod Builders, guys like Rich Forhan, Nuno Paulino, Mark Crouse (AKA Munich Rod Man) and maybe even Italo Busi, I doubt this many highly talented custom rod builders have ever appeared together anywhere at one time. Writing this on the spur of the moment I'm sure I've left out a good many names that deserve equal recognition - surely so and I apologize in advance.

The number and variety of exhibitors is easily the most varied in the event's history. New technology that may soon change the way builders attack various needs with 3D printing is on the horizon and will be in full force at the Expo. In additional to Tony Bosch's Rapid Prototyping seminars, we gained a new exhibitor just today that is a major player in manufacturing and sales of 3D printers. They'll be there to demo their products for rod building.

Several new companies that have never exhibited at the Expo previously will be exhibiting. At least three blank manufacturers that have not previously appeared will be on hand.

Two new books on custom rod building will be unveiled at the Expo this year. I expect them to make a major impact on all serious custom builders. More on these later.

As far as the recent rise in Omicron Covid cases, the health department people I've spoken with regarding trade shows seem to believe that this is a temporary spike and should be in a steep downturn in another few weeks. We'll see. In the meantime, there is almost zero chance that the Expo will be put under any sort of mandates or limitations this year. I would hope that attendees will pay attention to whatever sensible measures are in place a the time of the event. I will provide masks and gloves for those that wish to use them. Hopefully, this thing will be on the run by the time the Expo rolls around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Important Expo Update
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: January 11, 2022 06:09PM

Hello Tom.

See you there, I can't wait.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Kevin Landers (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: January 13, 2022 01:04PM

You know we are excited!!!! Cant wait to see everyone!

Posted by: Michael Ward (162.191.124.---)
Date: January 13, 2022 08:49PM

room booked - looking forward to it

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: January 14, 2022 02:38PM

Looking Forward To It!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster