I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Info of T&T SC 9wt rod
Posted by: William Giokas (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2022 02:34PM

Hi, I wonder if you guys can help me out . Has anyone have information on a T&T SC 9'6" 9wt fly rod? I have tried searching the web for information about this rod. Thanks Bill

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Info of T&T SC 9wt rod
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: January 11, 2022 08:07PM

Never heard of that series.

Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2022 03:33PM

I'd try calling Thomas and Thomas for specifics. If my memory is correct, they were made in the 1990's. The rods I am picturing were natural graphite with a clear coat, dark warps, maybe black?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2022 09:20AM

I was asked to build some prototypes for T&T in the early 1990's. These were to become a new saltwater series. I am not sure if these might have been what T&T eventually marketed as the SC series.

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: January 13, 2022 02:03PM

I was a huge fan of T&T in the mid 90’s to early 2000’s and still have some of their rods, clothing, and hats. I was able to get their pro discount from working in a retail fly shop and then becoming an agency fisheries biologist. Skip Gibson was their Montana distributor and he was a nice person. The Horizon, Horizon II, Horizon S, Vector, and Paradigm are the series I own or remember. They usually added a saltwater designation to their base series names for their heavier weight rods. The “SC” must have been outside of this era.

Posted by: Steve Perakis (---)
Date: January 16, 2022 02:43AM

SC stands for “Surf Cast” ... these were contemporaries of the Horizon rods with a softer butt section, marketed for easier blind casting over long hours, including fishing in the dark where it helps to feel a rod load when there is no visual cue. Only in saltwater weights. Their more moderate action suited less aggressive casters, while still being able to generate a lot of line speed. My wife built the 9’ 8wt. I love it and still use it for close-to-medium range fishing with big or awkward flies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster