I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Darker Print Color on FOrum?
Posted by: Scott Grady (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2021 03:42PM

Tom,
Is it possible to change the print color of the post on the main page? The subject line color is blue with light and dark stripes. The printing is getting hard to read with my tired old eyes.
Scott
Mr. Magoo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Darker Print Color on FOrum?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2021 05:23PM

Topic headings are blue and body text copy is black. There are no dark and light stripes and the forum cannot produce such a thing. I wonder if your screen may be acting up?

Anybody else see any dark and light stripes?

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: December 03, 2021 05:41PM

Tom

I think he is talking about the Forum page the top stickey's background is white the second is light blue.

I think that is what he is talking about.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: ben belote (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2021 05:41PM

i got the darker and lighter stripes bui had them from day one on this computer about six years ago..its a cheap walmart..i,m ready to retire it..lol.

Date: December 03, 2021 05:44PM

Okay, you mean the color bars behind the topics. Yes it is designed that way to make it easier to find each individual topic. This is a pretty common practice on any sort of line item sheet to help the eye move from topic to topic.

You can go into your "forum settings" and then click on "options" where you can manage a few things related to how the page appears to you. Not sure it anything there would be helpful but you can give it a shot.

Date: December 03, 2021 05:53PM

the words sticky are black and easy to see but the rest of thebtext is light blue and haeder to see..i expand the screen size which really helps but the sponsor list is pushed off the screen, can,t have everything i guess..lol..

Date: December 03, 2021 06:28PM

Even the bright blue is easy for me to see. But I can't see what you're seeing. Maybe your screen maybe your eyes. Getting old is not easy on vision...

Try some of the options in your control center settings.

Posted by: ben belote (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2021 06:40PM

all the messages are printed in black and no problem to read for me but the foru list is bluish print and is difficult to read unless i enlarge the print which is easy to do but just an extra step..

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 03, 2021 07:14PM

I have no idea what you guys are looking at.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: December 03, 2021 07:32PM

O.K. now I got it, I can see both very clearly. No lines or stripes of any kind.

Date: December 03, 2021 09:32PM

i looked into the control center but couldn,,t find anything

Posted by: Dan Ertz (---.dsl.airstreamcomm.net)
Date: December 04, 2021 10:07AM

The sponsor's list bold font is much easier to read than the forum headings - can that font be used for the forum headings?

The "wide aspect" computer screens made now are nice, but the size is misleading because vertically they are smaller unless you go to at least a 24 inch monitor and the VERTICAL size of the screen is the controlling factor for the font size displayed.

Date: December 04, 2021 07:03PM

Unfortunately the sponsor list is actually a separate section mated to the forum. The forum itself does not have the option of that same font or size.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: December 04, 2021 10:33PM

For what it’s worth, from my monitor's perspective and through my old eyes, all is fine-and-dandy; the sponsor list and forum headings are quite legible.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster