I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

EVA or other butt cap for NFC carbon grip?
Posted by: Louis Yang (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: November 25, 2021 02:29PM

I ordered some EVA butt cap from NFC along with both soft touch grip and their regular carbon fiber grip.

The EVA butt cap they sells is only fitting the soft grip, not the regular carbon grip. I asked Alex to send the correct butt cap based on their website picture but I still received the butt cap that will only fit their soft touch grip.

Question I have, does anyone know what EVA or other material butt cap that will fit the NFC EFX grip? Mainly for their full length EFX grip for VSS/IPS reel seat and also the regular full length rear grip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2021 02:29PM by Louis Yang.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EVA or other butt cap for NFC carbon grip?
Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2021 03:19PM

If the butt of the grip has a tenon it should take any "standard butt", 3/4" I.D. Basically everyone sells these in various styles.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---)
Date: November 25, 2021 05:13PM

I just make them. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2021 05:56PM

If the grip does not have a tenon, just put an auto panel trim plug in the butt end. Very clean, almost no weight and you have the carbon look all the way to the end.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: November 25, 2021 06:15PM

Louis,
The EVACTBC for the fiber skin grips is on the first page, first item, top left, I bet it's the same cap Batson sells, without looking at their catalog my mind sees part # EVA20 for the cap. I bet any size 20 cap will fit if you want something in plastic. The fancy Batson aluminum trim and flat buttcap I bet can be made to also fit. I believe I've seen such on one of the NFC/Edge Rod sites on Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2021 06:20PM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: ben belote (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2021 06:38PM

ace hardware carries the nylon hole plugs Tom mentioned..very durable and clean looking..

Posted by: Wade Hirai (---)
Date: November 25, 2021 08:16PM

I use NFC regular carbon fiber grips on nearly all of my personal rods (all casting rods) and I use either the American Tackle ECC-22 or the Batson EVABC20 butt caps. The OD matches up perfectly to the OD of the casting grips, I'm not sure for spinning though.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: November 25, 2021 08:32PM

If the grip has a tenon, Fuji FBC-2 should work.

Posted by: Louis Yang (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: November 25, 2021 10:11PM

Yes I ordered from the first page/first item from NFC and got the wrong parts. Asked Alex and they said they will send the correct parts and got the wrong parts again. I might just look for some other brands like Batson or Fuji/Winn as I don't want to deal with NFC customer service again now...

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: November 26, 2021 10:22AM

I have not used the full length NFC EFX grips but have used the EXF, CFX, and Batson CF fighting butts. For EVA the Batson EVABC20, American Tackle ECC22, American Tackle SPS-EC, and Fuji FBC2 butt caps should all fit. I have also used the Fuji rubberized cork butt cap (RBC1620), but you need to trim the tenon back a little to use it.
Norm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2021 10:24AM by Norman Miller.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster