I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for fuji titsnium SIC guides
Posted by: Mike Ortega (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2021 05:54PM

Hi again. Its been 5 years since my last build and noticing some changes...

I used to build all my rods with fuji titanium/SIC guides (bass). Now all i can find for runners is model L in diff colors, diff ring material. The description says theyre available in titanium but i cant find anything indicating the frame material is titanium?

I found KWs in titanium/SIC and even black titanium. Where can i find the Fly/running guides with titanium/sic (or black titanium to match KWs)?

Thank you,
-Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for fuji titsnium SIC guides
Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: November 06, 2021 06:35PM

The single foot running guides used with the Fuji KW guides are the KB and KT running guides, and they come in both titanium and black titanium with Sic rings.
[mudhole.com]
[mudhole.com]
The KB guides have a longer and wider foot area were designed to be used in the midsection of the rod to better resist the torsional forces generated when the rod is fully flexed. The KT guides have a smaller foot and are used in the tip section of the rod where the torsional forces are less.
For modern KR casting rods, Fuji recommends using a KW 10, or RV6 as the butt guide, followed by a KW5.5 transition guide, which is then followed by two or three KB running guides, with the rest of the runners being KTs. The running guides are all the same size, either 5.5, 5, 4.5 or 4, your choice.
Norm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2021 07:35PM by Norman Miller.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: November 06, 2021 08:33PM

Unless they have changed something since forever, titanium framed guides part numbers start with a " T ".

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 06, 2021 08:46PM

Posted by: Mike Ortega (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2021 10:31PM

Thanks for the info. I was hoping the standard fly guides (that dont look like mini spinning guides) were still available in tit/sic, or even updated to black tit/sic.Ill probably go with the L series.

Posted by: Mo Yang (---)
Date: November 13, 2021 03:44PM

Mike, what size are you looking for? And what model? I used to have a l arge collection of Fuji Titanium SIC guides. They are dwindling but can check.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster