I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Email contact
Posted by: Guy Taylor (38.128.89.---)
Date: October 30, 2021 05:54PM

I have recently sent emails to three different manufacturers or stores with questions about their products. Only one, Mudhole, has given me an answer. The other two have probably lost sales due to their lack of response. This also applies to future sales since I now have doubts about their backup of their products.
If I may make a suggestion, if a company doesn’t plan to answer emails, they should take contact information off their website. If they do plan to answer email, a person or team should be assigned that task.
Do you have someone who answers the phone when it rings? What’s the difference?

Guy Taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Email contact
Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2021 06:30PM

Yep I share your frustration. I hate calling anyone any more. More often than not you get someone that can't help you. Seems like everyone lives on their phones nowadays even at work on nonwork stuff. Really you can't take a few minutes every couple hours to check emails. I try and do all my communications via email. Like having a written record of what was said or not said. Has come in handy more than once in a price or warranty dispute.

Date: October 30, 2021 08:26PM

When I had a little business making a custom product I preferred email communication with my customers.
For one thing it allowed me to choose when I’d be interrupted from my work.
For another it gave me a record of discussion and requests.
When I worked for a major paint mfg I did time as the supervisor of the email response team. We trained our people to respond to about 60 email per person per day. It’s a necessary part of business today.

Guy Taylor

Posted by: Robert Flowers (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: October 31, 2021 07:50PM

I've sent emails to CTS and recieved no response. I them contacted Herb, and he gets me answers in a hurry. Tt leat with CTS, Herb id the man who gets results.

Tight Lies and frisky fish

RJF

Date: October 31, 2021 08:05PM

Robert, if it was CTS I was trying to get ahold of I’d happily follow your advice. Unfortunately it was another board sponsor and a well known rod manufacturer who is not a board sponsor.

Guy Taylor

Posted by: John Cates (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2021 10:16AM

Hey Guy

Email me, call me, I will talk to you. I look forward to it.

flexcoat@gmail.com

512-858-7742

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Date: November 05, 2021 03:53PM

John, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but Flex Coat wasn’t one of the offending companies and my questions were about specific products from those companies.

Guy Taylor

Date: November 14, 2021 03:39PM

Well, finally heard back on one of my emails, 18 days after my original sending and only one of my two questions answered.
Apparently they are so overwhelmed with orders that it’s taken this long to respond.

Guy Taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster