I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

><> THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR <><
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: October 14, 2021 11:34AM

Bushido ("the way of the warrior") is a moral code concerning samurai attitudes, behavior and lifestyle.

The American Tackle Bushido Rod Blanks are made to go into battle with the most demanding anglers.

[www.americantackle.us]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Bushido Inshore & Freshwater blanks.

Focusing on extreme durability and performance by matching advanced technology in material and design to newly refined actions and lengths in spinning and casting models.
Born for perfect bait presentations, instant reaction timing and the strength to get the job done.

*High Strain Japanese carbon fibers
*Increased material recovery
*Increased sensitivity
*Advanced resin systems
*Multi-pattern material designs rolled under high pressure
*Refined-Purpose actions & lengths
*Comprehensive application specific model selection
*Stealthy durable "Black Satin" finish

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Bushido Nanophene Series

INCREDIBLE STRENGTH • DURABILITY • LIGHT WEIGHT

*Exclusive Diamond Weave Pattern
*State of the Art NanoPhene low resin technology for incredible strength and durability while lowering blank weight and diameters
*Utilizes Toray's high strain, high modulus carbon fiber material and aerospace resin systems to maximize performanceIncreased sensitivity
*Dramatically reduces fatigue with weight reduction and advanced actions to reduce stress on any hardcore angler
*Multiple direction Prepreg layering system for increasing hoop and linear strength
*Cutting edge designs and materials giving you smaller lighter stronger rods that are a pleasure to fish
*Built for the latest fishing techniques which utilize lighter smaller tackle to catch more fish, while reducing fatigue
*Designed for use of the latest high tech super lines and smaller reels with increased drag capabilities

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2021 12:06PM by Don @ American Tackle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ><> THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR <><
Posted by: Jacob Buchanan (---)
Date: October 14, 2021 12:50PM

Great read thanks Don
I dont think I'll be building on anything else for my inshore customs anymore. Its an easy choice, Bushido!! so far ive had nothing but great feed back from customers, why would i build on anything else.
P.s. i copied and pasted this to my Rod building page,
cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2021 12:53PM by Jacob Buchanan.

Posted by: Jason Franqui (---)
Date: October 14, 2021 01:36PM

Bushido blanks are my go to for bass and inshore fishing. I really love the mag bass series and the LS7 line. I find the LS7 is a great general purposes blanks.

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: October 14, 2021 04:58PM

Any future Bushido fly rod blanks?

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 14, 2021 05:43PM

I have many rods built on Bushido blanks - they always perform as advertised! I have caught many fish on them and expect to catch many more!

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: October 15, 2021 01:42AM

Hi Don,

What is the baseline for these relative comparisons as they lack hard specification? For example, is the “warrior code” rod’s sensitivity increased over: Point Blank, NFC XRay, St. Croix SCV, the least expensive Mudhole blanks, or those that Ugly Sticks are built on? Without specifications, or stated baselines with interval level of data forthcoming, I feel like Will Smith in the test scene in the “Men in Black” movie. I might catch more fish with the “warrior code thingy” working for me, but I don’t really know if that is true. The blank might be one percent more sensitive than a “Snoopy Rod” or twice as sensitive as one built on a Point Blank. It is impossible to really know any of these things from your statements. I’m not trying to be rude, it’s just that I can’t find a single thing that can be actually be used to make an informed purchase decision in the totality of what you wrote.

Thank you!

Posted by: ben belote (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 15, 2021 08:31AM

Kendall, you have to do your own research..i knew many bass fishermen and some of them had to have the latest greatest tackle and liked to show it off which was an opportunity for me to get a good look see at new tackle..also local tackle shop owners liked for customers to show interest in their tackle..it might lead to a sale..and there are many people on this site who can help inform but they can be product pushers too..lol..i mainly like getting my hands on the product so i,m always checking out what others are using..your not going to get ccs data but if you can touch, that,s a big help..

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 15, 2021 04:04PM

Kendal,

You can't always rely on hard statistics when it comes to blanks. You can have two different blanks with identical stats, but have radically different feel and performance when fished. Various vactors, including the taper and wall thickness will affect hoiw a blank performs.

I have rods built on blanks from over a dozen different manufacturers and have built others for sale or as gifts from even more blank companies. These include Fenwick, Lamiglas, G Loomis, NFC, American Tackle, Batson, Pacific Bay, Cousins, Rogue, St Croix, TFO, Eagle Claw, MHX and several others. I have found the American Tackle blanks (including the Bushido, Matrix and ATX lines) consistently give me what I am looking for in the rod I am building. Not always the lightest option, but always as advertised.

The only way you can be certain the rod will perform as you expect is to build it and fish with it. One example of a rod that did NOT perform as advertised was an 11' "Fast Action" rod designed for steelhead jigs fishing by a world-class manufacturer here in Washington State. I hated that rod so much I gave it away to a bait plunker who loved it! It was not "Fast" - it was extremely slow, and wouldn't cast the specified weight range! When I had my first steelhead on it, the rod didn't have enough backbone to set the hook so after about 5 minutes, I watched as the the fish simply turned and spit the jig! On another occasion, I had the rod pointed straight behind me with the rod bent double straight out in front of me! (I know, not a recommended way to fight a fish...) Lost that fish too! Another blank from that same manufacturer OUTPERFORMED it's stats. It was my all-time favorite blank (at least until I discovered American Tackle!) Unfortunately, that blank was discontinued many years ago and is no longer available! It was so versatile, I could use it for everything from panfish, Trout, and Walleye to Catfish, Bass and even light inshore! You just never know until you fish with them!

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2021 04:40PM

One of my favorite builds was on a Bushido CB blank, which I use as a pitching rod and chatterbait rod. Have caught a ton of fish on that rod. I will be adding two cranking rods to the personal collection this winter, that blank is straight, duarble and has such a nice feel and smooth load. As much as I like to try different blanks and manufacturers. I tend to overlook just how impressive a performer this blank is, and at less money.

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: October 18, 2021 09:09AM

I live on/near the Chesapeake Bay. 98% of my builds are saltwater. Of that, 3/4th are inshore. I run charters so my stuff is tested, used, and abused. I've built on several top name blanks over the years. For my needs, the Bushido series has become my go to blank for near shore pups, specks, flounder, and rockfish. The CB 72 8/15 is my top choice.

Capt. Craig Freeman
Grading Scales Sportfishing and Back River Rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2021 09:10AM by Capt. Craig Freeman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster