I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC FW 741-2(HM) Any experiences
Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: August 29, 2021 02:48PM

Considering this blank for a general use panfish/ trout rod. No real specific application. Wonder if anyone has built on this blank and how how it matches up to the listed specs. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC FW 741-2(HM) Any experiences
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: August 29, 2021 05:07PM

It matches up just like the G Loomis trout rods have done for decades. If you're looking for a noodle, you are picking the wrong blank, check out the power curve with 6 ounces on it at the NFC site. Gary has never built a noodle trout rod, they have a bit more butt than many expect for control and yet they are line protectors also.

Date: August 29, 2021 05:51PM

Thanks sounds like what I am looking for. Not wanting a noodle. Trying to balance between a rod for drifting live bait as well as small spinners and jigs. Most ULs are either very fast or slow, not many option in the mod fast range.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---)
Date: August 29, 2021 07:35PM

I haven't built mine yet. I think you will like it. Think you might like the one piece even better. Looks to be a little faster.

I also think you should toss a FW 702-2 (IM) in the cart:)

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: August 29, 2021 09:34PM

Got a rainshadow that is probably darn near an exact match to the 702. Don't see a one piece offering on the 741. Which is ok as I want this to be a bit slower,got a MHX S841 to cover the fast end of my UL needs.

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---)
Date: August 31, 2021 03:58PM

I won't be building on this blank or any NFC for that matter. I placed the order. Some thing on their end got screwed up with a discount code. I was told to replace the order. When I tried to would not take the discount code. Emailed and expressed my frustration. Should of been taken care of on their end. Well they responded by cancelling my order and removing me from their mailing list. So one more example of give them your money and be happy with however they want to treat you afterwards

Posted by: Robert Flowers (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: August 31, 2021 05:13PM

I have recieved very good treatment from CTF. A section of my latest rod blank from them came with a manufacturer's defect. I contacted Herb, a member of this board. He gave me instructions for getting the problem solved, and contacted a CTS rep for me. He forwarded the correspondence. The are replacing the bad section for free, as soon as I can mail them the bad part. If they have the glass, or carbon blank that fits your needs, they are worth looking into. They will also build a blank as per your custom needs, fast, medium fast, length, slow, etc. And, they have some of the best quality in the business./ And no, I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.

Tight Lies and frisky fish

RJF

Date: August 31, 2021 06:32PM

I too am a little concerned with my latest NFC order and discount code. I wasn't worried when the discount didn't show up in the shopping cart but I am concerned that it didn't show up in the email invoice. So far I haven't heard back from them but it has only been 24 hours.

It is good to know they are open to cancelling the order, as opposed to processing it at full list price.

Michael, sorry to hear about your experience. As of late I think NFC has "gotten their act together". I'd encourage you to not totally write them off your short list although I understand anyone doing so.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: August 31, 2021 06:38PM

I have written them off. Your in retail your going to get some unpleasant emails if you screw up and handle it poorly. For them to cancel the order offer no way to reorder and then say they are cutting ties with me. Some teenage girl kinda b.s. right there. Like the classic Seinfeld soup Nazi "No blank for you"

Date: September 01, 2021 02:10AM

This will probably be deleted but even if one person sees it I will be happy. I had some issues with a order from NFC. I emailed back and forth with Alex. I was not a total sob. But I sternly expressed my frustrations with the situation based on the fact that I have not had a very good track record with dealing with NFC, in addition to the current situation. I want to share one line from the last email.

"If you have an issue with a blank in the future, and need support/help/warranty - we are a small company - and after our interaction - do not really have the desire to go out of my way to help"

Nice response to a repeat customer hey. I hope this gives those that have defended NFC or cut them some slack something to think about. Called them out on some real issues. Not only did they cancel my current order wipe my account out now they basically tell me to pound sand if I need anything in the future for products I already spent a fair amount of money on.

Date: September 02, 2021 04:47PM

Michael, I having trouble getting any response from them on my last order. Could you send me Alex's email address?

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: September 02, 2021 11:06PM

Email sent

Posted by: Walt Stock (---.dtccom.net)
Date: September 03, 2021 11:13AM

I am in the middle of 2 transactions now and would appreciate Alex's email as well. Thanks

Date: September 03, 2021 03:47PM

So much for me being the only one having a problem with them,according to Alex. As a public service here is his email.

alex.maslov@northforkcomposites.com

Date: September 03, 2021 05:30PM

Alex responded promptly and assured me the matter would be taken care over. My issues was I was charged full price instead of a discount price I was offered in an email.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: September 04, 2021 04:13AM

Hope it works out for you. My issue was I ordered a blank and grips. Two separate codes. For some reason the the blank code got applied to the grips as well. No problem,bill me the difference. Instead I was told to place the order again and the original order would be voided.

I was reluctant to do this after past incidents. I placed an order and after three different shipping dates that were weeks apart came and went I wanted to cancel the order. Cancelled the order no problem. Took several weeks to get a refund and only after I got the credit card company involved. Again was promised several times it was going to be handled. Another time I was billed for about three bucks worth of blanks I did not even order. Dragged their feet for a few days I fixing that too.

Anyways since the current order was not large of a sum I did go to place a new order. Was told the discount codes had expired. Emailed Alex and told him the situation and told them to fix it on their end and that I was tried of always having problems when I order.
Excerpt of his response

"I don’t get it - why guys think they can write emails like you did below, and try to push / bully into getting customer service....."

I guess I can't ask them to fix their screwup and I am supposed to be happy that I have a problem every time I order. Give them your money and accept however they want to treat you is their thinking it seems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster