I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It's Done!
Posted by: Robert Flowers (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: August 26, 2021 09:19PM

My latest build is complete, a RodGeeks Carbon 4, 9 foot 8 weight FA rod. It came out nice, coupled with a Lamson Guru, Series tow reel, Orvis gel spun backing, Airflo Kelly Galloup Streamer Max Long Fly Line, SA sinking leader, and Rio fluorocarbon tippet, all on the reel with the correct knots.

Ok, I followed the instructions and registered on the Photos page, but can't seem to figure out how to post photos. Any suggestions?

Tight Lies and frisky fish

RJF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's Done!
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 26, 2021 10:03PM

Check the rules and procedures in the sticky post at the top of the page. That should do it.

Date: August 26, 2021 10:52PM

OK, I read the rules, but don't see the procedure for actually inserting a picture. I'm getting too old for this.

RJF

Posted by: Leonard Bourdage (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2021 05:56AM

The Instructions and Rules for "How and Where to post Photos" are on this page near the bottom: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: August 27, 2021 09:47AM

Robert,
Once you have registered on the photo page, sign in to the photo page.
Then, another button will pop up - "upload photos"
Click on the upload photo button.
On the new screen will be a choice of selecting a photo or file to post and further instructions.

Best wishes

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: August 27, 2021 01:17PM

More important, how does it cast? I have been thinking about a Rod Geeks 7 weight.

Date: August 27, 2021 04:36PM

I like both my CTS. and Winston better. They don't oacillate hardly at all after the casting motion, which means that the oscillations won't affect accuracy, or distance. That being said, the rod is well ballanced, and loads easily.

RJF

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 27, 2021 06:53PM

I can't figure out the picture thing either so I use links to other sites where you can view them. I use computers and programs to make a living and have even coded additions to programs and the picture aspect they use is antiquated to say the least. I know there is not enough funding to update the site, so what is the point. Sounds like a nice rod but maybe a little slower or heavier than the others. Loading easily is good and looks like you paired it with right line.

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: August 27, 2021 07:58PM

I would suspect the CTS and Winston would trump the RG, but you are talking about a $112 blank vs those that are 2 to 4 times more costly. I think the Rod Geeks Carbon 4 blanks are basically identical to the St. Croix Imperial rods, which get solid reviews for a $330 stick.

Date: August 27, 2021 09:28PM

Lance Schreckenbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't figure out the picture thing either so I
> use links to other sites where you can view them.
> I use computers and programs to make a living and
> have even coded additions to programs and the
> picture aspect they use is antiquated to say the
> least. I know there is not enough funding to
> update the site, so what is the point. Sounds like
> a nice rod but maybe a little slower or heavier
> than the others. Loading easily is good and looks
> like you paired it with right line.

You log in, and press the "upload photo" button and upload your photo. That's all there is to it.

Where people seem to off the rails, is logging into this forum and thinking they have logged into the photo site - they're two different entities.

Date: August 27, 2021 11:35PM

I log onto the photo site, and the uploasd button never shows, even after refreshing. And yes, I registered, and went to the email to activate my registration.

RJF

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: August 27, 2021 11:58PM

Are you sure you pushed the log in button, and logged in with your name and password? Once you log in, the upload photo button should show and be usable. You have to login to the photo section, it’s separate from the rod board forum.
Norm

Date: August 28, 2021 06:02AM

The Upload Button does not show on mine either. And yes I'm on the Photos Website and it says Logged In.

Date: August 28, 2021 10:05AM

Try using a different browser. Or, refresh the page a couple of times. The upload button is there but for some reason your system isn’t showing it. I have no control over your computer or browser.

Date: August 29, 2021 05:38AM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try using a different browser. Or, refresh the
> page a couple of times. The upload button is there
> but for some reason your system isn’t showing
> it. I have no control over your computer or
> browser.
>
> ...............

I tried MS Edge as well a Google Chrome. I do have a relatively new computer, about a year old Dell. It does not display in either browser even after refreshing (Shift + F5). I also looked at the source code for anything that said "Upload" to make sure it was in the HTML that was delivered. It's not there.

It's not in either of the two Un-Ordered list that are displayed in the navigation bars at the bases of the header (if that's where it's supposed to be).

Just thought you would like to know.

Date: August 29, 2021 09:22AM

It's there. Why it won't show on your particular system I have no idea. But it is indeed there. If you are not logged in on the photo page, it won't show. If you are logged in on the photo page, it is there.

If the upload button wasn't there for whatever reason, then all these other folks would not be able to upload photos.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: August 29, 2021 11:02AM

Hello Robert.

On mine the "Upload" button in below and to the left of the "Forum" button, the order on mile is:

Home / Member List / My Photos / My Favorites / Profile / UPLOAD PHOTOS / Messages / Logout.

The background color is red the lettering is gold or maybe it's yellow.

Hope it works out for you

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: August 30, 2021 08:10AM

I logged in on 3 different computers (work and home) with 6 different browsers and it just doesn't show up, atleast for some. Below is the HTML code that comes through from the server. The correct navbar "logged in" code is just not being delivered to all users for what ever the issue is. A computer can not display what is not delivered. Good luck figuring the true issue out. You'll need an expert with PHP to fix it.

<div id="navbar" class="navbar">
<ul id="navtabs" class="navtabs floatcontainer">
<li id="gal_home"><a class="navtab" href="[www.rodbuilding.org] id="gal_memb"><a class="navtab" href="[www.rodbuilding.org] List</a></li><li id="gal_gallery"><a class="navtab" href="[www.rodbuilding.org] id="gal_favorites"><a rel="nofollow" class="navtab" href="[www.rodbuilding.org] id="gal_profile"><a class="navtab" href="[www.rodbuilding.org] id="gal_message"><a class="navtab" href="#">no messages</a></li><li id="gal_log"><a class="navtab" href="[www.rodbuilding.org];
</ul>
</div>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 08:14AM by Leonard Bourdage.

Date: August 30, 2021 12:55PM

Leonard,

Your registration has never been validated. There is an email sent when you register that must be replied to. If you do not, you go into the system as "unregistered" and cannot post photos. There's your issue - it's on your end.

Date: August 30, 2021 06:12PM

I found my issue and can now upload pictures. I did go to the email sent to me after registering. However, I didn't respond correctly. So I went back, and found the email again. I copied, and pasted the URL, and hit enter. I logged back into pictures, and the upload button is there. I uploaded picture with the name - RJF under the Guide Wraps category. I hope someone takes a peak, and lets me know what they think.

RJF

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster