I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Variable Speed Rod Wrapper Control Pedal
Posted by: RICHARD LUCAS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 20, 2021 06:27AM

Hello Rod Builders

We recently became new Sponsors on www.rodbuilding.org. We found this site through a rod builder who uses our foot pedal and thinks it is a perfect addition for anyone who uses a Wrapper Machine.

You may have the best made Rod Wrapper available, but that alone is not enough. You should also have the best Motor Speed Control Pedal
to operate your wrapper motor, and I'm speaking about our #9-3 LowBoy Variable Speed Foot Pedal by LUCAS.

I am new to www.rodbuilding.org, but I'm not new when it comes to manufacturing the finest Foot Operated Variable Motor Speed Control.
Sure, you may be satisfied with your current foot pedal which may have 5 speeds, but not very comfortable to control the variable speed you desire.

Originally our "Lowboy" pedals were designed to be used on our Flexible Shaft Hanging Motors in the Jewelry Industry. As time went on, we realized that our "Lowboy" was also a favorite in many other industries, such as Hobbyists, Acrylic Nail Industry, Wood Carvers and the Fishing Industry, and here we are today, in RodBuilding.Org.

At $59.00, plus $10.00 Shipping our LowBoy will be one of the best investments that you can make to go along with your Rod Wrapper.

I invite any Rod Builders to contact me direct to discuss this further. You can call or better yet email me, since either way,
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

####################################################
Check out our Website, www.LucasDentalCompany.com and the first item that pops up is our LowBoy #9-3 and check out the Specs on this product.
####################################################

Thank you for your time,
I hope to hear from you,
Regards,

Richard Lucas
Lucadent@verizon.net. Mon - Fri 9:00am - 3:00pm
or 1-(800)-332-5573

And I am proud to say, all of our products are "Made in the USA"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2021 09:17AM by RICHARD LUCAS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Variable Speed Rod Wrapper Control Pedal
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: July 20, 2021 10:21AM

Richard,
Copy that.
I just received one of your pedals and after doing an exhaustive evaluation of you low boy pedal find that it is one of the very best foot pedal on the market to control the typical 110v ac universal motor used on many of today's power wrappers.

Thank you for being able to deliver such a quality and desirable product to the rod building market.

Take care

Date: July 20, 2021 12:15PM

Hello Roger,
and thank you very much for your posted message on Rod Builders today.

In addition to our #9 Lowboy Pedal, we also have a motor available
that might be used to build a Rod Wrapper machine.

DAYTON MOTORS 1/8 hp ac-dc reversible 115 volts Made In USA

I believe the Speed is around 10,000-12,000 RPM
I believe it is 2.0 amps

All Brand New, Never Used

WIRING DIRECTIONS as you look at the 1/4" shaft ................ CORRECTION: the Shaft is 1/4" dia.
Yellow & Brown = Field Wires Red & Black + Brush Wires

connect Yellow to Red, then plug in other two wires = CCWR
connect Yellow to Black, then plug in other two wires = CWR
connect Brown to Red, then plug in other two wires = CWR
connect Brown to Black, then plug in other two wires = CCWR

(2) mounting screw holes on bottom 10-32 thread, approx. 2-1/8" C to C apart

At $62.00 each plus $10.00 shipping you can't find a better deal than this

To purchase our #9 Lowboy and this Dayton motor, the total with shipping would be $121.00 which equals Free Shipping,
all shipping costs are based on shipping within the Lower 48 States.

Email me at: Lucadent@verizon.net and I will gladly send you a photo of these motors

Thank you,
Regards,
Richard Lucas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2021 01:39PM by RICHARD LUCAS.

Date: July 20, 2021 04:38PM

Richard,
That is a treasure.
Years ago I had some Dayton right angle motor that had this motor with its brush wires brought out to able to reverse the motor.

They worked very well for both forward and reverse.

I had looked high and low but had never been able to locate a source for these motors.

So, as Richard so aptly stated - if you have the typical Alps, Rod builder, Pac bay or similar power wrapper that use the typical AC/DC motor for wrapper power and have always wanted to be able to reverse the motor at the flip of a switch.
Simply install a double pole double throw switch that has been cross wired on the back to be able to flip the windings as Richard pointed out and you will have the luxury to be able to back up your - "typical ac/dc 110v 6,000 rpm motor at the flip of a switch.
Great product.

Date: July 20, 2021 06:54PM

Yes Roger, you are correct, to install a double pole double throw switch, that was the way we used to wire them for our machines that we made and our #9 Lowboy was the controlling agent and that was why I added it to this Forum, because they do go together, like a perfect marriage. At $121.00 with FREE shipping, you can't get a better deal than that...

Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.82.---)
Date: July 21, 2021 11:40PM

I have heard those Dayton motors are the best rod wrapping motors currently available . I don't believe any of the mid priced power wrappers come with that Dayton motor , the only power wrappers that I have seen with that higher quality Dayton motor are the most expensive ones . Last I checked I believe that Dayton motor alone costs around $120.00 so maybe it's a different model I'm thinking about.

Date: July 22, 2021 06:21AM

Chris, I'm not sure if these motors that I have available would be ideal for a Power Wrapper, I'm not that knowledgeable about Power Wrappers, but I do have them and they are all brand new and considering the price of $62.00ea. and when combined with our #9-3 LowBoy Speed Control at $59.00 is a fantastic combination at $121.00 with FREE Shipping. Email me at Lucadent@verizon.net and I will send you a photo of these motors.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 22, 2021 08:45AM

The most common Dayton motor used for power wrapping is a 1/15HP unit. Renzetti offered/s a Dayton 1/10HP unit which I thought was the best all around unit for wrapping and light turning purposes. The Dayton 1/8th might be even better.

Date: July 22, 2021 01:43PM

NOTICE:..... I just corrected the Shaft Diameter on the Motor...... I had it listed as 3/16" dia. .......the actual corrected size is 1/4" dia.

Date: July 22, 2021 03:42PM

Richard,
That is good news.

Date: July 22, 2021 03:46PM

Richard,
That is good news.

Date: July 22, 2021 09:16PM

Yes Roger, it is good news. As a matter of fact when we were very much into bench style Dental motors, we also made 2 and 3 step pulleys with a 5/16" hole for these motors. When we used these Dayton motors with the 1/4" shaft, we used a bronze bearing bushing with a 1/4" hole dia. and a 5/16" OD dia. to be able to use our pulleys, which all had a 5/16" holes, go figure...

Posted by: Paul Rappel (171.22.76.---)
Date: September 01, 2021 07:45PM

Is there a programs out there that I use to place my guides at on my rod

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---)
Date: June 08, 2022 09:45PM

Are you still in business? I've tried calling and E-mailed, but have gotten no reply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster