I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Variable Speed Rod Wrapper Control Pedal
Posted by: RICHARD LUCAS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 03, 2021 12:03PM

Hello Rod Builders

We just recently became new Sponsors on www.rodbuilding.org. We found this site through a rod builder who uses our foot pedal and thinks it is a perfect addition for anyone who uses a Wrapper Machine.

You may have the best made Rod Wrapper available, but that is not enough. You should also have the best Motor Speed Control Pedal
to operate your wrapper, and I'm speaking about our #9-3 LowBoy Variable Speed Foot Pedal by LUCAS.
I am new to www.rodbuilding.org, but I'm not new when it comes to manufacturing the finest Foot Operated Variable Motor Speed Control.
Sure, you may be satisfied with your current foot pedal which may have 5 speeds, but not very comfortable to control the variable speed you desire.

At $59.00, plus shipping///handling, our LowBoy will be one of the best investments that you can make to go along with your Rod Wrapper.

I invite any Rod Builders to contact me direct to discuss this further. You can call or better yet email me, since either way,
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Check out our Website, www.LucasDentalCompany.com and the first item that pops up is our LowBoy #9-3 and check out the Specs on this product.
I am proud to say all of our products are "Made in the U.S.A."
I can be reached at: Lucadent@verizon.net

Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Richard Lucas
Lucadent@verizon.net. Mon - Fri 9:00am - 3:00pm
or 1-(800)-332-5573

And now a little HISTORY on our Lowboy Pedals: Originally the Lowboy Housing was designed to control Water & Air Flow, in the Dental Industry for High-Speed 300,000 rpm Dental Handpieces, but as time went on, that item was discontinued.

About a year later after some modifications to the housing, the #9 Lowboy was born and became our Motor Speed Control for the motors that were part of our LUCAS product line.

Originally our "Lowboy" pedals were designed to be used on our Flexible Shaft Hanging Motors in the Jewelry Industry. As time went on, we realized that our "Lowboy" was also a favorite in many other industries, such as Hobbyists, Acrylic Nail Industry, Wood Carvers and the Fishing Industry, and here we are today, in RodBuilding.Org.

And now you know the History of our Lowboy Series speed controllers and still proud to say, "Made in the USA"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 04:51AM by RICHARD LUCAS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Variable Speed Control Pedal
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: July 03, 2021 04:53PM

The controller is rated for 6 amps, we are probably pushing around 1.5 amps from our motors.

Date: July 03, 2021 05:45PM

Yes, that is correct, 6 amp which is more than enough to handle your motors. Regards, Richard Lucas

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 03, 2021 09:35PM

The controller can handle 6 amps - it is not pushing 6 amps into your motor. So any motor that draws 6 amps or less will work with this controller.

Date: July 03, 2021 09:41PM

Yes, that is correct. Regards, Richard Lucas

Date: July 04, 2021 06:04PM

Hello Spencer Phipps, would you be interested in testing out a Lowboy?

Date: July 05, 2021 08:19AM

I just found and realized that I was listed on this website back in 2013 because of an Artist & Metalsmith by the name of Kathleen Krucoff, read her story.
Which proves that the Internet is a unique place to find anything.

Re: home made power wrapper
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 01, 2013 03:09PM

A comment about the Lucas speed control low profile pedal:

[mysticalmythicalmetalwork.wordpress.com]

Date: July 05, 2021 09:12AM

The correct link is [mysticalmythicalmetalwork.wordpress.com]

lets see if this works... !!!

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: July 05, 2021 09:26AM

Richard,
Thanks for the memories.
Yes, indeed I made the post in 2013 after finding your foot pedal. Certainly one of the best on the market for use with power wrappers.

The post from 2013:
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Thanks very much for having a great product available for use.

Take care
Roger Wilson

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: July 05, 2021 09:27AM

Richard,
Thanks for the memories.
Yes, indeed I made the post in 2013 after finding your foot pedal. Certainly one of the best on the market for use with power wrappers.

The post from 2013:
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Thanks very much for having a great product available for use.

Take care
Roger Wilson

Date: July 05, 2021 09:45AM

Oh Wow! Roger Wilson, its great hearing from you after all this time, obviously your #9 Lowboy is still working, lol

And as you can see the price went up a bit after 8 years from the $36.00 at that time, but at $59.00 its still the "Best" deal on a Foot Operated Speed Control that's Made in the USA.

We even designed our #9XR pedal with special electronics to be used on the Foredom TX LX dc motors that they sell.

I am a newbie to this site, which we recently joined and I was surprised that we got so many views, which proves folks out there in the Rod Building Industry have a lot of time on there hands.

Roger, if you should ever have any need to contact me, you can go straight to my email address, Lucadent@verizon.net Have a good day and enjoy what's left of the 4th of July weekend, Stay Well, Stay Healthy... Regards, Richard Lucas, and thanks again for jumping in...

Date: July 07, 2021 09:16AM

And now Roger Wilson, a little HISTORY on our Lowboy Pedals:
Originally the Lowboy Housing was designed to control Water & Air Flow, in the Dental Industry for High-Speed 300,000 rpm Dental Handpieces, but as time went on, that item was discontinued.

About a year later after some modifications to the housing, the #9 Lowboy was born and became our Motor Speed Control for the motors that were part of our LUCAS product line.

Originally our "Lowboy" pedals were designed to be used on our Flexible Shaft Hanging Motors in the Jewelry Industry. As time went on, we realized that our "Lowboy" was also a favorite in many other industries, such as Hobbyists, Acrylic Nail Industry, Wood Carvers and the Fishing Industry, and here we are today, in RodBuilding.Org.

And now you know the History of our Lowboy Series speed controllers and still proud to say, "Made in the USA" Regards, Richard Lucas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster