I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

They're here !!!!
Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 19, 2021 07:54PM

I just read a thread posted by Batson Brands on another site with a rod building forum, that the new Eternity RX10 blanks are available and have shipped or are shipping to distributors. The person mentioned that GetBit has them in stock.

I'm VERY happy to report, and would like to think that I am at least partially responsible for the CCS IP and AA numbers listed for the blanks.

I hate to think that I have stolen the thunder from Batson by posting this thread before they have had a chance to post the news here, but I have been extremely excited about the introduction of this new blank, and especially excited about Batson releasing CCS numbers for the blanks. I'll be sending Carol at Utmost an e mail within the next day or two to order an ETEC72M and a few other components. I plan on trimming 4" off the butt and building it as a spinning rod. I am thinking it will make an awesome rod for dragging tube jigs for smallmouth bass.

Can't wait !!!

Oh and here is a link to the CCS numbers for the blanks. [www.dropbox.com]

A HUGE thank you to Batson for making these numbers available. You guys are the best !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: They're here !!!!
Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 19, 2021 09:09PM

Thanks David.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2021 09:21PM by Russell Brunt.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.wavecable.com)
Date: June 20, 2021 11:02AM

Thanks for the kind words David. We meant to get that same info posted here on robuilding.org on Friday but just plain ran out of hours in the day. We'll start a fresh post above this one. Fish On!

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: June 20, 2021 03:14PM

Objective data [aka facts] like CCC measurements of weight and distance are always welcomed by savvy purchasers.

Posted by: David Miller (---.nclxtn.lexcominc.net)
Date: June 20, 2021 06:07PM

David Baylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read a thread posted by Batson Brands on
> another site with a rod building forum, that the
> new Eternity RX10 blanks are available and have
> shipped or are shipping to distributors. The
> person mentioned that GetBit has them in stock.
>
> I'm VERY happy to report, and would like to think
> that I am at least partially responsible for the
> CCS IP and AA numbers listed for the blanks.
>
> I hate to think that I have stolen the thunder
> from Batson by posting this thread before they
> have had a chance to post the news here, but I
> have been extremely excited about the introduction
> of this new blank, and especially excited about
> Batson releasing CCS numbers for the blanks. I'll
> be sending Carol at Utmost an e mail within the
> next day or two to order an ETEC72M and a few
> other components. I plan on trimming 4" off the
> butt and building it as a spinning rod. I am
> thinking it will make an awesome rod for dragging
> tube jigs for smallmouth bass.
>
> Can't wait !!!
>
> Oh and here is a link to the CCS numbers for the
> blanks.
> [www.dropbox.com]
> 9a/Eternity-RX10-Full-Specs-for-Release.xls?dl=0&r
> lkey=9tcno300i96ldj530n6ibpi9q
>
>
> A HUGE thank you to Batson for making these
> numbers available. You guys are the best !!!

Hey David,

Would the finished rod feel or ccs be different to take a 68M and extend it 2 inches vs cutting the 72M down 4 inches?

I am looking forward to checking out these new Eternitys at next year’s ICRBE.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 20, 2021 08:04PM

If you alter the blank length then the CCS measurements will be different from the unaltered version.

As far as modifying the length of two different blanks in an attempt to match their CCS measurements isn't something anybody can guess at - you'd have to do it, measure the two blanks and find out.

Posted by: Jeff Saxby (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 20, 2021 11:48PM

Given past experience with blanks from other Rainshadow series it is quite surprising to me that the 68MXF would have the lowest intrinsic power of the spinning blanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2021 12:34AM by Jeff Saxby.

Posted by: Jordan Smith (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: June 21, 2021 10:05AM

I agree Jeff. I have been waiting for the ETES68MXF to build a heavy vertical jigging rod (~1 oz). But thanks to Batson for providing the CCS values, I think I'll try the ETEC68M instead...

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 21, 2021 10:19PM

David, I can't answer that question as the only experience I have had with an Eternity blank is the ETES610MXF of the previous version. My reason for choosing the ETEC72M blank to trim down is strictly based on the power I am looking for from the blank. I built a rod on a Hydra SJ2 NG blank that I really loved the power of, but was disappointed in its' sensitivity. I did CCS tests on it before I sold it to a friend, and it had an IP of 569 with an AA of 75.

I know the trim is going to take some power away and slow the action a bit, but it's not something I am overly concerned with. It's only 4" and if it puts a little more bend in the blank when it's loaded up with a fish, that's a good thing when it comes to landing smallmouth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster