I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodgeeks Current Status
Posted by: Mark Marshall (---)
Date: June 13, 2021 12:14PM

It has been some years since I purchased any blanks from RodGeeks. Can anyone comment on their status and quality of products?
I did not have any issues with my other purchases. I'm just out of date with their products.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodgeeks Current Status
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: June 13, 2021 12:38PM

Nothing has changed and far as quality, or availability that can't be attributed to recent events.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 13, 2021 12:46PM

Just expect to wait. I put in 3 orders this year, they took 3 -4 times longer than they used to take.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2021 02:34PM

There has been a small change - the share of the company (Axiom) that was owned by Bob Penicka was purchased by the St. Croix Rod Co. a couple years back giving St. Croix 100% ownership of both Axiom and Rodgeeks. Otherwise it's the same product made in the same facility.

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: June 13, 2021 03:03PM

Their Carbon 4 fly rods are basically the same as the St. Croix Imperial, which are very decent fly rods for the money.

Posted by: Mark Marshall (---)
Date: June 14, 2021 10:04PM

Thanks guys! That's all I need.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (68.235.61.---)
Date: June 14, 2021 10:16PM

A few years ago St. Croix decided they did not want to be in the blank business and got out, leaving that for Rodgeeks. Buying Axiom down in Mexico was more about owning 100% pf the factory that makes most of their blanks for their finished rods. Rodgeeks was just part of the deal. Do NOT be surprised if St. Croix dumps Rodgeeks and again takes itself out of the blanks for custom rod builders in the near future. Just sayin'

Posted by: chris c nash (70.40.87.---)
Date: June 14, 2021 11:31PM

That factory in Fresnillo Mexico is a carbon copy to St. Croix's Wisconsin factory , St. Croix is the one wholly responsible for building it , it has the identical machinery and proprietary equipment . Don't know the details how Axiom ever got involved but I guess the partnership is over.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 15, 2021 08:08PM

Axiom was headquartered in NY state.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 15, 2021 08:59PM

The Axiom manufacturing plant was/is in Mexico.

Posted by: Walt Stock (---.dtccom.net)
Date: June 18, 2021 04:41AM

I've had all the same concerns - You will notice if you call the numbers on the RODgeeks site, you are actually calling St. Croix in MN. I asked for a single point contact and here is the response..."My name is Debbie and my direct phone number is 1-800-826-7042, ext. 122 I am the only one who does customer service for Rod Geeks. Thanks."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster