I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Immortal blank question
Posted by: Louis Yang (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: June 10, 2021 01:23AM

Does anyone notice the blank action difference in between REVS610MXF and IMMS610MXF?
I built REVS610MXF as a spinning rod and it has softer tip as I called XF action. But I recently started a new build for IMMS610MXF. I finished the grip and reel seat section and is starting the guide placement today. The IMMS610MXF has a stiffer tip and has totally different action feeling than the REVS610MXF. Am I expecting this since Immortal blank is a higher modulus blank? The IMMS610MXF doesn't feel like XF for me compare with REVS610MXF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Immortal blank question
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: June 10, 2021 11:54AM

[www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

The blanks will not feel the same since they have a different blank size from the butt to the tip.

Although the ratings are the same, due to the different blank design and the different material being used - it is pretty normal that they will feel different.

The Immortal blank has a butt size of 3.8 and a tip size of 4.0

The Rev blanks has a butt size of .425 and a tip size of 4.5.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Both of the blanks are excellent blanks, build up into excellent rods and will put plenty of fish in the boat in the hands of a good fisherperson.

Best wishes.

Posted by: David DeBruhl (---.biz.spectrum.com)
Date: June 10, 2021 02:51PM

There is also a significant difference in the IMMS610MXF and the ETES610MXF.. I have built on all three. The ETE (Eternity Series) also has a softer tip than the IMM. similar to the REV. I like to use the ETE for Neko rigs around docks and the IMM for shaky head presentation. Often time with the Neko rig the bite is so subtle that you have to have that sensitivity along with brightly colored line or you will not hook up in time. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: June 10, 2021 08:55PM

Any action over a certain angle is XF, by definition XF has a softer tip so it can bend to that angle, The XF St. Croix models aren't identical. The older Rainshadow XF dropshot blanks were also not identical, the RX8+ version was both faster and lower powered, and the catalog showed it was lower powered. Action in a blank has and will continue to be built out of virtually any material we have ever used including wood and bamboo, they will not feel, or act the same, that is just a given.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster