I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Why was my order cancelled
Posted by: Richard Hahn (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 09, 2021 11:46AM

I ordered a 2 year subscription and a dvd of previous issues. I was just notified that they were canceled and refunds issued with no reason. Why was it cancelled? I checked the PayPal account and it said I requested a cancellation. I DID NOT request a cancellation. Why was it cancelled?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2021 11:54AM by Richard Hahn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why was my order cancelled
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2021 01:42PM

Paypal sent a notice to me saying verbatim "Customer Cancelled Order." The payment processing center sent a notice saying "Customer Cancelled Order. Administration Required." Perhaps you hit a button you did not intend to.

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: June 09, 2021 04:07PM

Tom, who takes a bigger cut, Pay Pal or credit cards?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2021 04:49PM

That depends on the credit card processor you use. Even then, with credit cards there is more to things than just the percentage they take from each payment. The list of charges and fees on each monthly statement can run the total cut up to 5%. Paypal is easier in most ways, but they do take a cut as well.

This would make an interesting topic for custom rod builders who hang out a shingle and decide to accept credit or debit cards via a processor.

Date: June 09, 2021 08:28PM

I’ll call PayPal tomorrow and raise @#$%& cause I didn’t do it.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: June 09, 2021 10:50PM

Or just replace the order, hopefully I will go through ok this time, enjoy the magazine & DVD and save the frustration of taking to an automated response system

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---)
Date: June 09, 2021 11:23PM

Paypal might be buggy. I got a email today that I had not paid my PayPal credit account. Got the confirmation email says I did. I signed in to check things out. First time could not even find a payments button to click. Signed out and in again and the payment button was where it always has been. Maybe doing updates and some things are getting lost in the shuffle.

Date: June 10, 2021 11:19AM

I contacted PayPal directly and had them check all of the communications concerning this transaction. They said that there is no record of a request from me asking to cancel the order and issuing a refund. They also said that they did not send you any communications about cancelling the order. I wanted to make sure that I did not get hacked or something. I will be placing another order for the magazine.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: June 10, 2021 12:07PM

Richard,
In today's world - I see all sorts of e-mail on my in basket that mentions purchases made, monies spent, payment requested from an assortment of sources that I may or may not do business with.
I always delete everyone of these e-mails without clicking on them or opening the mail in any form.

Then, if I do have a concern with a potential charge of any sort on any of my money sources - I will go to my Credit card account, my Pay pal account, my bank account and check each account for any of these possible potential charges.

Thus far, I have never had an issue with any of them.

Simply put, there are millions of hackers out there that will post phony charge messages that - if opened will lead the hacker right to your personal banking and credit or other sensitive information.

Conversely, if I have placed an order with a given order number and I receive an e-mail concerning that particular order with a matching order number - I will open that mail since I am expecting it and all of my expected numbers match before opening the e-mail.

========================
Hacking is happening is h going on everywhere all of the time. A few days ago, a MN. meat packing company paid an 11 million dollar ransom ware request because the Meat packing companies electronic production lines were jammed up and halted due to the hacking. So, be aware and be careful.

Take care

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 10, 2021 01:31PM

Richard - Your post reminded me to renew my subscription, which I did yesterday. I don’t have a paypal account, so just ordered using my credit card.
Norm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster